People who were obese- when did you start feeling lighter physically?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
Either BMI or weight lost etc. When did you start feeling less heavy? Not in terms of aesthetics but that physical feeling of being weighted down all the time, pushing on joints/feet etc. The feeling of needing to sit because your weight is just too much very easily.

I’ve lost 30lbs so far and I’m pleased with the change in my appearance but I still feel awful physically. Joint pain and that weighed-down feeling. My BMI is still in the 30s.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    When you walk down the road and can no longer feel the pain of plantar fasciitis. On the way home, you're really in the groove, leaping and loping with as much energy as you started out with in the home stretch. That's when I knew that I was lighter and lit.

Pain is the precursor to change. It often takes pain to make lasting changes but when you get to the other side of all of this and you no longer feel the pain that's when you'll know that there really is no such thing as the finish line. When you no longer feel the pain you've got to give this even more care and attention. The brain wants you to forget the pain. This is why women have more than one child, they forget the pain. Weight loss is like that, too. We have to remember every painful step it took to reach the other side or it can come undone. Truth.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It was actually knee pain almost gone but very livable. I feel lighter in my walking gait and people noticed. I have lost close to 25lbs with 31 left to go.
  • FrankCanDoit
    FrankCanDoit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd say like a good 50-60lbs. IT goes so slow that you dont notice it till there is a really dramatic change. Also it depends on how obese you are.

The best part I noticed was when I was out hitting the clubs every night and I could drop down low dancing and come back up with no issues. It was great!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Starting at 285lbs, I think down about 30lbs. That was where I was when I took an afternoon off and walked around a museum for 90min without stopping to sit down. A very big deal at the time.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oh, and congrats on the loss.

But this- beware your brain trying to get you to say that your program isn’t working or the results aren’t good enough. I think our brains hate weight loss.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Prolly about 50ish lbs down....ppl really started 2 notice also. Lost 103 to date.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    At about 250lbs (started at 350), was the first time I noticed that I wasn't getting winded going up a single flight of stairs.