Quick question out of curiosity

Options
So I started working with a personal trainer a few weeks ago. Last Tuesday we focused on Legs, and then Wednesday I was pretty sore. Ok cool. Had another personal training session this past Tuesday and haven't been sore at all. I'm not too concerned about it, just wondering if it's normal to be sore some days and not others even with the same workout?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    So I started working with a personal trainer a few weeks ago. Last Tuesday we focused on Legs, and then Wednesday I was pretty sore. Ok cool. Had another personal training session this past Tuesday and haven't been sore at all. I'm not too concerned about it, just wondering if it's normal to be sore some days and not others even with the same workout?

When 1st starting it takes a session or 2 to condition your muscles to the stress. Then the DOMS [Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) stops What you are experiencing is totally normal.
  • spikeraw22
    spikeraw22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    after a week you will just be tired, but not sore. It just means you're off to a good start. Sounds liek you're over the hump. Congrats.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always have some DOMS after leg day, more or less depending on whether my trainer decides to change the routine around or not. Did legs today and he totally changed things up so expecting to be sore tomorrow. I very rarely get sore after upper body workouts although I have been sore each time the last few weeks. My trainer just says the hard work is starting to pay off 😄
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal.
  • onemanpeloton
    onemanpeloton Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you have a personal trainer then maybe your questions are best directed at them. They are a professional and they know what exercises you've been doing. The replies you are going to get here will be very broad given that there isn't much information to go off