Anyone work outside?

Options
I just started a new job outside. Some days more physical work is required, it varies day to day. My goal is to lose weight, it’s hard getting used to this new schedule.
Do you shift your workout schedule if it’s a hot day or you do more physical activity one day compared to others? Or do you keep a strict workout routine?
Thanks!

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Perhaps this topic would be of more help to you in the general weight loss forum instead of the debate forum.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I’m a gardener and find that keeps me active enough without additional exercise, I suppose it depends what outside job you’re doing! I would never go for a strict routine but do try to be generally active, I think that’s a more important lifestyle change.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i don't "work" outside (as in a paying job), but we do have a small urban homestead. right now is our busy season, i spend hours a day harvesting and taking care of crops (i do it all pretty much myself, and use no chemicals for weed control). i lost 1.4 pounds last week. i walked once, cause the kids wanted to go to the park, and ate ice cream all but 1 night. i also only sorta tracked (i had planned for it to be a maintenance week).i really don't see the need to workout if you have a very manual job, unless you find it relaxing or want to "earn" more calories.

now in the winter, i try to put 30 mins on the elliptical every day.