Newbie! A gamer that needs to lose half her body weight..need some friends to cheer me on!

Options
Well, here we are. After I graduated from college, some things happened, I ended up stress eating/bored eating a lot and ended up very overweight.

What finally made me decide to do something about it is I ended up with the family curse (high blood pressure) and got a new doctor..who scared the daylights out of me in some ways. Ironically, that was just the scare I needed to take charge.

Mind, me and my siblings don't have a lot of money (heck, we're getting food assistance atm)but I'm hoping I can take charge and go from 297 to 190; I think that's about half my current weight. I'd lost some weight before I started this app, but I'm hoping tracking will make me more accountable. ^^

I'm hoping also to get back in shape; been starting a walking regimen for starters, I don't know if I'll be able to use weights for a while since there's no place to use a gym here for free. As for gaming, if you want to go beyond the app for a cheeron, I play FFXIV as well as other rpgs (that's my only MMO tho); I play on Excalibur in FFXIV.

I didn't do well my first day but that was one of those; next time my brother goes out to get burgers b/c it was one of those Tuesdays, I mean to come with him so I don't get something that goes over my limit!

Replies

• Bahamaria
    Bahamaria Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! Glad you’re taking the initial steps..
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    ColorMe_Beautiful24 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    welcome total final fantasy fan!! you got this! having money do not dictate your success, have confidence and try your very best and you will see the pounds drop off!!!!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hello feel free to add me i will write u up a training programe that u can do at home no need for a gym
  • phillipsk_07
    phillipsk_07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You don’t need money to lose weight. My grocery bill has gone down because my portion size is less than what I normally would have and the fast food runs are no longer a thing. I weigh/measure all my food. I work out using YouTube as a guide because I don’t have any money for a gym membership being that I’m a single mother. They have all types of workouts on YouTube that you could do from your own living room and it’s totally free.
  • williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You dont need money to lose weight. I lost weight a couple of years ago without having much money. You just have to make sacrifices when it comes to certain foods which you can definitely live with out. I use to buy frozen chicken breast and white rice. Veggies are cheaper if bought canned or frozen. You can eat whatever you want because at the end of the day it's all based on how many calorie you consume and burn in a day. Good luck
  • maryadavies4667
    maryadavies4667 Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! BTW, if anyone wants my gamertags/XIV name, let me know; I have a PS4 and a PS3, and am on Steam. I'm also a Kingdom Hearts fan, if you wanna know. :) I just don't think here is the place to just put them outright.

Just so you know, when I say food assistance, I mean I have no control over the groceries at all(We're actually even using my church for food help! So a lot of canned veggies as it is. And my sis is using food stamps), so my strategy food wise is to WATCH THE PORTIONS and STAY THE FRICK AWAY FROM SNACKING ON LEFTOVERS. I may not have much control over what I eat, but I have control over how much. (That means not letting my sister dish stuff up for me unless there's no other way, and if she does, eat only half of it. She overdoes it.) Oh, and what I cook of course. And what I snack on, of course; I am trying to avoid snacking on anything but fruit atm, but am thinking about seeing if I can get some baby carrots to liven it up. ^^ The two days that there was no fast food, I was under my limit, and I'd rather that b/c my sister has been known to make cake a lot in the past and I'd rather have some wiggle room for that..to be polite. (I live with two of my brothers and one sister)

As for fast food; no more Sonic double cheeseburgers with bacon for a while. We only have fast food once a month IF that, so that's prolly not a problem. Especially if I'm careful with what I order. No more letting my brother order for me. ^^

Oh and if you wanna know where I started before I started using the apps; I was at 307 if I recall correctly. ^^ Dropped about 10 pounds before I decided to start tracking.

Oh and btw, what I mean by "one of those tuesdays" is a time where my other brother didn't cook and I was lazy and didn't make anything for us. That usually means a fast food night, which doesn't happen very often. I don't let it; it's expensive for one thing. (We take turns cooking. So yeah. ^^)

Also at the moment I may have a sneaky way to get more exercise; The toilet upstairs is on the fritz, and the brother who sorta cooks is taking his sweet time getting it fixed. So I've been going downstairs to the basement bathroom a lot to erm, do my business. (That's a flight + 2 steps) Thinking about keeping that up after said toilet gets fixed. That wouldn't be on the apps, but well.