meal planning

noons
noons Posts: 4 Member
Hello, Can someone help me. I added my recipe of a dish that I make. It a dish that the whole family eats and last me a few days. It calculated everything for me but how do I work out how much I am having myself in one meal. It only gives me the whole recipes calories etc. I am not sure how to enter how much I dish up per meal, if this makes sense. Any help appreciated.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weigh the total, each gram is a "serving".
    Weigh your portion, each gram is a "serving".
  • noons
    Thank you
  • noons
    Sorry to be a pain, when I added all the ingredients. It caclulated the calories and servings size was 4. It doesn't let me type in grams anywhere. It only works out the calories. Does that make sense. I even tried importing the recipe from the website I got it from and it still does the same. How do I add the weight.

this is the details.

Per serving: Calories: 525 calories; Protein: 24 g; Carbohydrates: 103 g; Sugar: 7 g; Total Fat: 3 g; Calories from Fat: 5%; Fiber: 25 g; Sodium: 898 mg. It's a one pot meal that is supposed to feed 4.

I so confused. I weight the whole meal and it is 1295 grams but I just want a portion of it. Any help appreciated.
    Thank you
  • kommodevaran
    "Servings" is a strange animal. Whoever makes a recipe, can decide how many servings it should yield, and the author of that website decided that this recipe should serve 4. You can divide the recipe, any recipe, in as many servings you like. You should be able to type in whatever number you like (1295 in this case) in the box where it says "Servings". Make sure you're in "Edit" mode, and save it. When you serve yourself, you weigh your portion (let's say it's 312 grams), and log it as 312 servings.
  • noons
    Thanks os much, once again.
  • kommodevaran
    Hope it works out for you.