Getting rid of belly fat after gaining

Anyone care to share successful ways of getting rid of belly fat after a period of trying to gain weight.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Its normal to put it on around the tummy. Be patient, don't try to lose more, watch for it to even out over the coming months. Get some normal excersize like walking in, about 30 to 40 minutes a day. Have a little patience and remember you are healthier for that effort you put in gaining it. Congratulations!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Eat in a deficit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    You just have to lose weight. You cannot dictate where you lose fat or spot reduce fat in a specific area.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2018
    More cardio and less eating crap, gets u a six pack . Six pack is made in the kitchen not the gym

This is not necessarily true. Here is a very good thread that explores eating at maintenance on a progressive lifting program rather than eating at a deficit and doing cardio til the cows come home.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

This is how I'm reducing my BF% BTW. It's a slow process but does work if you stick to it.

• jods2014
    jods2014 Posts: 10 Member
    More cardio and less eating crap, gets u a six pack . Six pack is made in the kitchen not the gym

It's not so much of a six pack I'm after. I've always had a flat toned stomach no matter what I eat but now things have changed.
  • jods2014
    jods2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Its normal to put it on around the tummy. Be patient, don't try to lose more, watch for it to even out over the coming months. Get some normal excersize like walking in, about 30 to 40 minutes a day. Have a little patience and remember you are healthier for that effort you put in gaining it. Congratulations!

Thank you! !
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    jods2014 wrote: »

It's not so much of a six pack I'm after. I've always had a flat toned stomach no matter what I eat but now things have changed.

Eat in a caloric deficit and lose fat. You can't choose where it comes off, spot reduction isn't possible.