Herbalife- is this in my head?

Options
My entire office used to get donuts almost every morning together, we would walk there and "justify it" that way. Ha! Anyway, now we are all on mfp and one of the girls is very into doing the herbalife meal replacement shops. We started all going as a group over the last month or so each morning.

This is my question, I had been stuck at 15lbs lost for about 9 days, my daughter got strep throat, and the week I was home I dropped 4lbs. I'm back at work this week and I'm up one lb from that 4, and holding. Is this in my head that it has anything to do with eating those shakes? I log every single gram of anything that goes in my mouth and I log exercise and average about 1500 to 1800 calories a day depending on exercise. (5'2 female, 27, SW 210 CW 193 GW 135).

So, what's say mfp? Keep going with the office and these are normal fluctuations or stay clear?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, so it's not out of the ordinary to be stuck at a weight for awhile, go up a pound, drop 2 pounds, go up 1.5 pounds....you get the idea. The fluctuations can be due to a number of factors: activity level, water weight, food weight, stress, etc. The shake is not going to impact your weight loss unless it is causing you to go above your calorie goal.

I don't know about those shops, but if the shakes are made on-site versus pre-packaged, it is likely that the calorie count they are telling you is wrong. It's a good estimate, but the count is going to vary based on who is making it and how on target they are with their measurements. Not a big deal if it's an occasional thing, but if you are going regularly, it's something you may want to consider, as some extra calories here and there can add up.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You could have been more active at home (burning more), less active or less stressed (reduced cortisol)...
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    How are the others doing?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Social activities are good for mental and emotional health. I don't see this as any different than a group trip to Starbucks or Jamba Juice every day. As long as you track your calories and monitor your weight trends (if you're plateaued for several weeks and the only variable seems to be the shake, try adding more calories to that diary entry, for instance).

I didn't know Herbalife had actual physical locations where you could buy drinks like a coffee shop :o
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How are the others doing?

I think I'm the only one who is using a food scale and tracking things very consistently. The others are down a little weight, but I'm ahead :)
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Social activities are good for mental and emotional health. I don't see this as any different than a group trip to Starbucks or Jamba Juice every day. As long as you track your calories and monitor your weight trends (if you're plateaued for several weeks and the only variable seems to be the shake, try adding more calories to that diary entry, for instance).

I didn't know Herbalife had actual physical locations where you could buy drinks like a coffee shop :o

Exactly my thoughts. It's just a fun morning routine that I like to participate in! And the shakes are all 20g protein, under 215 calories and are about 50 options. It's pretty cool actually.