Has anyone taken Fluvoxamine? Did it effect your weight loss?

RavenBeauty87
RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
I know everyone is different and what is great for one person is awful for the next. But a brief explanation of what you went through might help me if I go through the same thing. I was taking Paxil and it was wonderful. A life changer but then after 6 months, like all my other medication I have taken, they just stop working.... After finding out I have Bi-Polar type B and OCD I was like duh no wonder nothing would work.

She put me on Lutuda and omg it was the worst medication I had ever taken. I am now trying Fluvoxamine and have only taken it one night.

Did anyone have trouble losing weight or did it help you. It is for OCD which is why I binge eat among other issues. If I could get my OCD under control I feel like losing weight would be much easier but some OCD medication actually causes you to be hungry all the time.

Just wanting a general conversation about this medication.

Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I don’t take Prozac, but I do take Celexa, which is another SSRI. It’s been a life changer for me. It helped me get sober (I’m a recovering alcoholic), I was able to go back to school. I’ve been on it for almost three years now. In the beginning I did notice an appetite increase, but after about 3 months it seemed to level out. I didn’t gain any substantial weight from it. It also hasn’t affected my weight loss efforts at all. I’ve been losing consistently for the past 4 months.

Has your Dr mentioned fanapt or equetro to you? They’re both mood stabilizer that don’t cause weight gain. I had some good luck with them both. Minimal side effects and they helped with my anxiety. Not so much with my depression though. I have major depressive disorder, so an SSRI was a better fit.
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm only on day two was just wanting some testimonials for this particular drug.... not seeing any side effects, except insomnia but that is kinda normal for me.
  • kirgrace
    kirgrace Posts: 2 Member
    I have tried both Lexapro and Paxil for general anxiety. Lexapro made me very tired so my activity level plummeted and I gained 10lbs and lost muscle. Once I went off, my body regulated. I went on Paxil 11 months ago and changed nothing about my exercise and eating habits but I gained 10lbs that won't budge. I am currently weaning off of Paxil. All that being said, I know quite a few people who don't have any problems with their weight on SSRIs and I think medication such as this is worth a try for at least 6 months to see if it helps especially if you are dealing with major issues such as depression, ocd, bipolar etc. These medications can be life changing. I only had mild general anxiety so my testimonial doesn't stand strong against people who need these drugs more than I do. Best of luck on your health journey <3