My family doesn't think I can do this

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my sister the other day and we decided to go to a concert together in mid-October. I said that would be a great reward for me losing 30 pounds - so I'll make that a goal. She looked at me and said, "But you are still going if you don't lose it right - because I want to miss it if you don't lose the weight."

This wasn't like a huge thing that made me feel bad or anything. It made me realize how many times I've set these goals for myself and how many times I've let myself give up. Her comment made me realize how committed I am to this now, and there is no doubt in my mind that I will reach my goal and stay there.

Just so happy to be past the point that I feel like everyone needs to cheer me on. I can cheer myself on (and my husband and daughter and amazingly supportive!).

I am so glad you have that support. My family does not keep healthy foods at home and my bf likes my thick so he is not supporting me either. I hope that I can learn to cheer myself on too!
    You can do it!!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The translation of that statement was probably along the lines of this: screw looks, you're my sister and I think you're awesome so don't let whether you hit one weight loss goal keep us from spending time together and remember that you are more than a number on a scale :)
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The translation of that statement was probably along the lines of this: screw looks, you're my sister and I think you're awesome so don't let whether you hit one weight loss goal keep us from spending time together and remember that you are more than a number on a scale :)

You are so right, I know she loves me no matter what. I can't really blame them for not getting all excited that I'm starting over (for the 20th time). I just can't wait to see them this winter (we moved out of state in April) so they can really SEE how much I've changed.

Thanks for all the support!!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    this is my 20ish try at weight loss, and i don't think i've had anyone insinuate i couldn't do it...though they had every right to lol