Fitbit Overestimating Calories

Options
Hi everyone,

In the past few days my Fitbit Alta HR has been giving me way more than a reasonable number of calories for my exercise adjustment.

Stats:
29 y/o female
Height: 5’7
Weight: 173 lbs

I have my goal set to lose 1 lb per week, and have my activity set to “not very active.” It is just after 11am and I’ve been given over 400 calories just for walking ~4K steps (no purposeful exercise, just waking around the office). That is way too much! Yesterday I walked about 10k steps and my adjustment was 1500 cal!!!

I know that this has been asked before, but I am still at a loss after a forum search and various troubleshooting attempts!

Could someone give advice on why this is suddenly happening, and/or link me to a troubleshooting post I may have overlooked?

Replies

• jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have the Fitbit Charge 2, and it gives me about 600 calories for walking 10k+ steps, so yeah, yours seems way off. No idea how to resolve that, though.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have the Fitbit Charge 2, and it gives me about 600 calories for walking 10k+ steps, so yeah, yours seems way off. No idea how to resolve that, though.

I got 1500 for over 30,000 steps. Maybe it's in the stride length calibration? Check the user guide.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had to do all the stride calibrations in order to get an accurate measurement on mine.