Diabetes

Options
Hi, I have T2 diabetes which I control with diet and exercise only (no meds). I wanted to reach out to others who also have diabetes so we can support each other. Please feel free to add me and in the message please note whether you have T1 or 2 so I'll know when I respond. Thanks

Replies

• Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrates on avoiding medication.

It seems most of these types of meds attempt to treat symptoms and don't address the root cause of the issues. I was borderline Type 2 a few years back. It was a wake up call.

Good luck on your journey.
  • AnitaKundu
    AnitaKundu Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks Scotty2HotPie. It's not easy being really careful about what I eat, incorporating exercise in my diet and testing my blood sugar regularly but I feel well and that is the best feeling in the world! Maintaining a healthy weight also makes it easier to control blood sugars. Once I get into a pattern of healthy eating and exercising, it's easy. Well done for avoiding T2 diabetes!
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm type 2 diabetic but my body is just weird or something. Even on days where I didnt ate much I never come close to a hypo.

I recently switched to Keto, did a 3 hour workout today and according to my macro I had 800ish cals but I'm full AF
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    You can actually reverse type 2 by losing fat around liver and pancreas.

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/reversal/#publicinformation

My hba1c's have returned to normal after losing enough belly fat.