Newbie - Needs motivation!

Options
sladeaux41
sladeaux41 Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I am new to MyFitnessPal. Let me know what you have benefited from and why. Id love some tips to keep me motivated, oh and if you are using Daily Burn, let me know which is your fave exercise plan. :)

Replies

• IAmtheTreeGuy
    IAmtheTreeGuy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It certainly been beneficial for me in familiarize myself with macros (carbs, fat, protein) of certain food items. Knowing that information, I can manipulate the stuff I eat to keep in line with my macro plan (i.e., low carb, low fat, etc.) and keeping myself staying disciplined on my daily eating habit.

But most importantly, don't stress yourself out with sticking too religiously to your macro goal of a day, staying within a range is okay! Our body metabolism adjusting on a weekly basis, so there are room for some flexibility, just try not to overindulge.

Also, I found that having a food scale helped tremendously with precisely logging in foods to the diary to hit macros! :)
  • Leannacha
    Leannacha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count calories, eat high protein low carb healthy fats. I’ve lose over 50lbs eating the right calories and light exercises. I run ride bikes or walk a few miles. You go this I’m rooting for you
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The most important thing for you to discover is a plan that you like, that you can sustain. Everyone is different. Experiment. See what you like, what you don't.

For me, I eat all things in moderation and move more to burn more energy than I consume. I pick exercises I enjoy and aren't a chore to do. Usually, it's a good, brisk walk for me.

Find what works for you! If you enjoy what you do, then it will be sustainable. Good luck!
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I’m new this time, but I’ve been here before. Like anything, it only works if you work it. I did have a great success the first time around.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!