According to my macro's I should be hungry but I'm so full!

Options
I don't understand my body sometimes.

I switched to Keto recently and I'm quite a heavy guy, I was about 3 hours in the gym today, drank plenty of water and green tea, and I thought I ate quite enough as I feel really really full.

So I'm checking my macro's today and it shows I only had 745 cals :o and that I actually need to eat about 1800 more. It's 11pm here now and I'm not hungry at all, actually I just had a piece of 85% dark chocolate and after the gym had some fish but I feel bloated and full.

Just weird!

Replies

• _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What exactly did you eat and how did you come to that number? (745)

Your FOOD diary is in a language I can't read, but that shake? "Body & Fit - Eiwitten Shake, 1 schep"? No way it was 111 calories and 222g of protein. That's just not even possible. I think you may be using bad numbers. One gram of protein is 4 calories. Therefore 222g of protein would be 888 calories, not 111 calories. That is just one entry. That alone would bump you up to about 1600 calories in total.

Of course it's possible that the calories are right and the protein is wrong...in which case, I got nothin'.

Actually it's correct, 1 schep means one scoop.
    This is the lable.
    whey_perfec.jpg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    3 hours in the gym...??? :#
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options
    3 hours in the gym...??? :#

Yeah I also work there gheghe so it's not 3 hours non stop without rest, in between I train the youngsters and Spot people which most of the time are much lighter weights than I do :) So even though I've been active 3 hours there about 1 hour is little less intensive :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That's 22g protein (and some other stuff like fat and sugars for the difference of 23 calories) / 111 calories.

Your diary says 222g of protein. Your diary also says 11g of fat, when it's only 1 and a half grams on the label. So your numbers are wrong. You can't use partial grams in this food diary for P/F/C, so round up that fat to 2 grams, the carbs are 2, round up the protein to 22g (not 222g.)

Fat = 9 calories per gram
    Protein = 4 calories per gram
    Carbs = 4 calories per gram
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options
    That's 22g protein (and some other stuff like fat and sugars for the difference of 23 calories) / 111 calories.

Your diary says 222g of protein. Your diary also says 11g of fat, when it's only 1 and a half grams on the label. So your numbers are wrong. You can't use partial grams in this food diary for P/F/C, so round up that fat to 2 grams, the carbs are 2, round up the protein to 22g (not 222g.)

You are right, I didn't compare the label, was assuming whoever added it did it right. Nevertheless I still have a huge deficit with calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options

You are right, I didn't compare the label, was assuming whoever added it did it right. Nevertheless I still have a huge deficit with calories.

When people start keto, that is a common thing - to feel full on little.

If you're not hungry tomorrow (or even later today,) I'd be pretty surprised. I wouldn't let this happen again, though. Start planning your days ahead of time so you'll get more food in. It's not good to eat so little.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options

If you're not hungry tomorrow (or even later today,) I'd be pretty surprised. I wouldn't let this happen again, though. Start planning your days ahead of time so you'll get more food in. It's not good to eat so little.

I normally eat a little more but today, I don't know, I thought I ate enough as I feel pretty full but it has been really hot over here so I guess that has a bit to do with it.

I'm also type 2 diabetic but I haven't felt weak or anything close to a hypo at all which before Keto if I didnt eat enough I would feel weak but I feel fine in general.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options

The food diary won't display partial grams, but you can record partial grams when you create or edit a database entry, and the data is still there behind the scenes, so if you have partial or multiple servings, the math is based on that behind the scenes data. Also, in the app (at least in the Android app), you can see the partial grams if you click on an individual food in your diary; it just doesn't show up in the main display.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options

To the main point, though, this ^^,
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

I'm guessing a European person entered the info and used the comma (as they do) rather than the decimal point that mfp would recognise...