Spaghetti

Options
cnjg6677
cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
If a serving size is 56 grams for 200 calories how much for cooked does anyone know ?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    It’s still 200 calories but will weigh more with the absorbed water. This can vary a significant amount but the calories don’t change.
  • cnjg6677
    Options
    So would it b a 1 cup serving for 200 calories cooked
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    cnjg6677 wrote: »

Well yes, but using cups for something like this is dubious. If I filled a cup with spaghetti and you filled one, they would be different, possibly by a lot. If you have a food scale, use that.

If it's just for you, weigh it raw, cook it and it's still 200 calories per the 56 grams you cooked.

If you're cooking for two people and use 56 grams per person, then weigh out 112 grams raw, cook it, then weigh the final amount and give half to each person. Still should be 200 calories per serving.

Sorry, I keep adding on...if you don't have a scale and choose to use cups, then make sure they're not packed full to err on the side of caution.
  • cnjg6677
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    cnjg6677 wrote: »

Well yes, but using cups for something like this is dubious. If I filled a cup with spaghetti and you filled one, they would be different, possibly by a lot. If you have a food scale, use that.

If it's just for you, weigh it raw, cook it and it's still 200 calories per the 56 grams you cooked.

If you're cooking for two people and use 56 grams per person, then weigh out 112 grams raw, cook it, then weigh the final amount and give half to each person. Still should be 200 calories per serving.

Sorry, I keep adding on...if you don't have a scale and choose to use cups, then make sure they're not packed full to err on the side of caution.

I do have a scale and am cooking for 8 people thanks for all your help I truly appreciate it