Anyone here overcome BED

Options
I been trying for years to stop went to therapy. I tried every diet I can think of every technique. No matter what I relapse in just a short time. Anyone beaten it for good what did you do. I know it should be as simple as just not doing it but I can't seem to get it under control. Maybe I am just weak. Feeling pretty low

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I think you can start with stopping thinking about yourself as weak, and about control and stopping it, and diets. Diets are what starts and drives disordered eating, by trying to control things you can't control, setting unreasonable limitations, building resentment, building up rebellion. You need food, enough and good food, at regular intervals, but not too much at once, or over time.

Maybe you need better therapy, too, many techniques don't work for everybody, and you need to find a personality to match yours. And you have to let it.
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Makes sence actually certain foods have always been taboo in my life even as a kid
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to overcome early programming. Many of us need a new operating system. I like to think "I am a person who (no longer)", whenever I'm in doubt. It helps sometimes, lol.