151 lbs lost and 1 year on MFP!

Options

Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Your life has been saved my friend. You looked 1 hamburger away from a heart attack. Congrats.
  • Cindy72254
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a gift you have given yourself and your family! Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom gained along the way...
  • SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    Wow. So inspirational! Thank you for sharing your wisdom! As someone who has about 100lbs to lose I really appreciate hearing how you achieved your goals.
  • clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!! :smile:
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! thank you for sharing!! w2g!!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    These are these stories that keep me coming back - Great Job!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your words of wisdom. Great idea on going to 'big losers' for ideas on what to eat. It makes sense but I'd never considered it.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Amazing and your tips are great! Congrats
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star! Good tip on looking back on successful diaries too. You look mah-velous, congrats!
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great. You are so motivated thank you for posting your success!!!!:smile:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    congratulations as well on your loss, you look great, but most importantly, you look healhy and happy........

I am getting there too, I look at my progress if I fail on some days.............I will say that since I started I go to the gym, thats important ,in the morning which kinda dictates my day.........I feel more powerful after working out and less tempted during the days

I know how long it takes me to lose 400 cals, so I dont cave in.........most of the time, lol

Again, you look great and you look healthy............Great Job
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    WOW, you are amazing. thanks for sharing your tips
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

151 lbs lost and 1 year on MFP!

• Food secret: When I started MFP, I didn’t know what to eat. I mean, I knew not a lot of fat, blah blah, right? But I really didn’t know what to eat, so I went on success stories in the community and looked for everyone who had lost 100 lbs or over and asked to be their friends. Then I looked back at their diaries and saw what they had been eating and what their stats were, like protein, sugar, carbs, etc. I then tried to replicate the stats by using foods that they were but only the ones I liked. So if someone was eating bulger or spinach and I didn’t like that, I would seek out something else that others were eating that made my numbers come out good.

You sir, are a freakin' genius! Who would have thought that common sense had so much to do with weight loss?

3733_picture_of_a_proud_first_place_trophy.jpg
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

You are insipring. My ultimate goal is 150+lbs, but I can't even think of it like that. I'm breaking it down into achievable chunks.
  • Rosa1455
    Options
    Wow! you look amazing. Great job!!:wink:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Your advice is FANTASTIC and you really look SO happy and just amazing. My husband's brother is about your size before so I know how painful it is to be that big. You are quite the inspiration! Congratulations!!!
  • mshark1972
    Options
    Just joined this site and was very inspiring reading your story! Thanks for sharing.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Very inspiring. I like your no excuses down to earth attitude about it all
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!