Looking for MFP friends!

Options
Napkinp0em
Napkinp0em Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! My name is Karley, I'm 26, and I'm looking for a few friends on here. I've been on MFP on and off for the last 5 years (when I've needed it) and have had success. I've gained some weight recently so I'm back, but one of my problems in the past has been adding friends that don't benefit me, and I don't benefit them.

A lot of people want to add friends that are always active and encouraging, but I can't necessarily fit that mold. I struggle with depression, adhd and bpd constantly, so that means I'm kind of back and forth with communication. There are often times where the struggle keeps me from maintaining contact. I can keep up with my diary and exercise, but I would love to add some people that may be understanding if they only hear from me part of the week, or sometimes, or rarely. I'm not asking for people to add me and listen to me talk about these issues, because they aren't my focus on this platform. I'm just looking for people that understand, and if you can, please send me a friend request!! <3

Replies

• Porker_to_Corker
    Porker_to_Corker Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Feel free to send a friend request
  • toniquimby
    toniquimby Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has the capacity to post every day or multiple times per day. Maybe that’s because they don’t have the time or maybe it’s just not how they roll. I’m not a frequent poster either but have been here off and on for years. Find your groove and hang in there! Sending friend request. :)
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined mfp a couple of months ago. I have depression, don't post regularly and I don't expect or need constant contact with anyone. I may go days or months without posting. I understand that staying in contact is difficult for a lot of people, especially during episodes of mental ill health. I'm not sure how to add people as I'm still getting used to using the social bit of mfp but I'll give it a go.
  • deweese7717
    deweese7717 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined mfp a couple of months ago. I have depression, don't post regularly and I don't expect or need constant contact with anyone. I may go days or months without posting. I understand that staying in contact is difficult for a lot of people, especially during episodes of mental ill health. I'm not sure how to add people as I'm still getting used to using the social bit of mfp but I'll give it a go.

The struggle is real and at times ruthless with no understanding and sight of light. Keep putting one foot in front of the other every minute everyday and the clouds will part for a season. Of course you may know this. Anyhow... I have ears and time...use it if needed, it's yours my friend.
  • deweese7717
    deweese7717 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Napkinp0em wrote: »
    Hey! My name is Karley, I'm 26, and I'm looking for a few friends on here. I've been on MFP on and off for the last 5 years (when I've needed it) and have had success. I've gained some weight recently so I'm back, but one of my problems in the past has been adding friends that don't benefit me, and I don't benefit them.

A lot of people want to add friends that are always active and encouraging, but I can't necessarily fit that mold. I struggle with depression, adhd and bpd constantly, so that means I'm kind of back and forth with communication. There are often times where the struggle keeps me from maintaining contact. I can keep up with my diary and exercise, but I would love to add some people that may be understanding if they only hear from me part of the week, or sometimes, or rarely. I'm not asking for people to add me and listen to me talk about these issues, because they aren't my focus on this platform. I'm just looking for people that understand, and if you can, please send me a friend request!! <3

The struggle is real and at times ruthless with no understanding and sight of light. Keep putting one foot in front of the other every minute everyday and the clouds will part for a season. Of course you may know this. Anyhow... I have ears and time...use it if needed, it's yours my friend.

I originally wrote this for you and it coincidentally posted to @Millicent3015. Applies to both. Let's kick that daily *kitten*.
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp for just about a year but new to the forums. If you ever want to chat, about anything, I'm right here as I'm sure many other wonderful people are
  • Kmuskopf
    Kmuskopf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The more support one has the more life become easier. If you ever need to talk about fitness or anything add me.