Yardwork/Housework

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
I'll take credit for any movement. :bigsmile:

Does anyone consider yard & house work some form of exercise?? If so, how are you recording it.

Dandylions - 48
Shannon - 3 :embarassed:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll take credit for any movement. :bigsmile:

Does anyone consider yard & house work some form of exercise?? If so, how are you recording it.

Dandylions - 48
    Shannon - 3 :embarassed:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Try this there are several types of yard work listed.

http://www.primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

Tim
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'd only consider it exercise and worth putting into MFP if you did enough cardio to reach your target heart rate or did a considerable amount of resistance activity.
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    I too mark down my housework, or shopping, as opposed to sitting on the couch watching the idiot box, and believe me I got 100+ lbs overweight because I had many of those days. Though if you were fairly active before you started this I don't think it will help you lose if that is all you do.

It is in excercise, listed under
    Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort 30 min =181
    Cleaning, light, moderate effort 30 min = 151
    shopping 30 min = 143

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • valerierackly
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi , I think you should be able to add it too. surely if you've not stopped all day and your knackered after, then you've been exersizing. I'll have to look here again to see if any one knows how you can add it.
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    I agree with SuniBC...I record it when I do work that's out of the ordinary...for instance, gardening, heavy duty cleaning, etc...check caloriesperhour.com. They list every activity imaginable in the activity calculator...hope this helps...vee :smile: