I need help with an issue. Please.

Options
Kimbro56
Kimbro56 Posts: 2 Member
Hey- so I made my own pizza in my meals. But of course pizza has 8 slices. How do I add 1 slice from my meal? It only shows the serving size as 1 whole pizza which is 800 calories...

Replies

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Select 1/8 in your serving
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If the serving size is one whole pizza, make your number of servings 1/8 of the pizza (.125 servings).
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Can you make it inrecipes instead of meals then you can set the serving size to 8.

Other way is add the whole meal to your diary (all 800 calories) then to each Individual item I. Your diary for that meal go and change each amount to 1/8 * original.
    I.e if your pizza had
    1 cup of cheese ,3 pepperoni, 1 prepackaged crust you would do
    1/8 c of cheese, 3/8 pepperoni, 1/8 prepackaged crust
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Can you make it inrecipes instead of meals then you can set the serving size to 8.

Other way is add the whole meal to your diary (all 800 calories) then to each Individual item I. Your diary for that meal go and change each amount to 1/8 * original.
    I.e if your pizza had
    1 cup of cheese ,3 pepperoni, 1 prepackaged crust you would do
    1/8 c of cheese, 3/8 pepperoni, 1/8 prepackaged crust

You can just put 0.125 in the field for the number of servings when you log the meal, and MFP will adjust each of the components for you.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    When I do anything homemade I weigh each ingredient raw and add it to the recipe builder. Once cooked I weigh it again, subtracting the weight from the pot, pan or tray. That weight is how many serves the meal is ie 1 serve is 1 gram. The reason this works best for me is that the meal will be eaten by the whole family so it is the only way I will get accuracy. If it were a pizza and I knew I'd be the only one eating it over a period of a few days I may just divide the recipe by the number of slices knowing that, although slices will vary in weight this will even out by the end so it won't matter.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Here is a fraction to decimal calculator:
    https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/Fraction_to_Decimal.html

Better yet, when you make your pizza weigh each ingredient as grams as you make it. When you complete the recipe you will have the total number of grams. Weigh your slice in grams and enter that.
    For pizzas, salads and similar items this isn't perfect. You might have some more of one item and less of another but it is close.