Any 5'5 women lose 80-100 pounds care to give advice?

Hello i'm 26, 5'5, and 235. I've been an mfp member since last summer and lost 17 pounds in 3 months and just kind of left around November. Do you have any advice or suggestions to share so I can be successful this time around? :)

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Hey there!! I'm 5'4-5'5 and 24! I only have a couple more pounds to lose (at 17 lbs lost now!) but would love to be your friend 😊. I found just keeping it simple, calories in vs calories out has been the best approach and increasing my protein so I feel full. Enjoy the foods you have always loved but in moderation. I've found that with a calorie cut I enjoy healthier foods more now because they make me feel better. I started my journey with just a little exercise, I'd hike with my dog but now we run too! Feel free to add me!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've lost 40 with around 20 to go. I'm 5'5". It sa slow process. I think the biggest thing is it's tempting to put lose 2lbs per week. The 1200 calories wasn't sustainable compared to how I used to eat. It led to binging. I have been 1lb per week most of the time (52lbs per year if you're on track) and more recently down to 0.5 lb per week for the last 20.

Feel free to add!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    You're all so great! I'm so thankful for everyone's response! Hearing different stories is so helpful! I've gone 5 days strong so far! Hoping to make it to a 30 day streak :) I hope to hear from more people if possible and congrats to you all for reaching your goals!
  • riverscloud3407
    riverscloud3407 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello i'm 26, 5'5, and 235. I've been an mfp member since last summer and lost 17 pounds in 3 months and just kind of left around November. Do you have any advice or suggestions to share so I can be successful this time around? :)

Don’t chase any fad diets because they are a waste of time. CICO is what you need to remember. Remember to stay hydrated!
  • akp124
    akp124 Posts: 11 Member
    Hey,

I'm 28, 5'4, and weight 204 today. I started a couple of weeks ago at 207 but had lost weight from January at 230. I started super lazy keto and Intermittent fasting. Since I only usually eat once a day anyway, it was easy for me to start IF. The keto was kinda hard, but I'm mostly used to it now. I take the bread off most things (unless I'm gonna eat Subway or eat croutons) and eat more lettuce. From Sunday to Sunday last week my weight went from 207 to 201 and now Im at 204 because of a McDonald's run... I have also started going to the gym every other day (Im there for like 30 minutes running and doing some machine work). Maybe some of that fat has turned into muscle?

Maybe you would like to become my accountability buddy? If we have similar stats, we may be able to lose similar weight?
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Go slow on weight loss, heavy on your lifts, kind to yourself on your slip ups

vyf1ixwruht3.jpg

Wow, you look amazing! Anymore details on your story in another thread? You give me much hope.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2018
    @GoodLardy nothing fancy. Eat in a defict, weigh your food, and start lifting/strength training early in your journey to preserve lean mass while you cut down. Things I learned the hard way:

- carbs do not cause fat gain
    - MFP entries are not always correct, be mindful of what you log
    - expect to lose 1% of your B/W per week but you may have gained 5lbs
    - time, consistency and the integrity of your data will be tantamount to your success
  • Just keep going. I am 5'5 was 220 lost 20 pounds in the first 2 months and had to switch things up here n there. It's been 4 years and I'm down 60 pounds. But I've been comfortable no going 💯 all the time. I didn't gain anything back. Just lost in phases.