Soft stage 2 weeks after starting a cut

Hey,

I just wondering if anyone else has that stage in the beginning of a cut where yon're losing weight, but the carb depletion and weight loss has looking bad. Like you have flat muscles and where your fat is holding on is more jiggly eventhough there is less fat there.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I incorporate weekend refeeds (all the carbs) so I feel energized and my muscles look full. I've heard of fat looking melty or jiggy during weightloss but I haven't experienced it personally.
    I don't know your stats but you feel like you are looking worse as time goes on during your cut, that is not really a great sign (unless maybe right before a show and look super shredded ultra lean).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    keenmt wrote: »
    Hey,

I just wondering if anyone else has that stage in the beginning of a cut where yon're losing weight, but the carb depletion and weight loss has looking bad. Like you have flat muscles and where your fat is holding on is more jiggly eventhough there is less fat there.

If you are carb depleted, it's certainly possible to look flat and be a bit more giggly, since your muscles aren't really full. Solution is carb refeed to get your glycogen replenished.
  • Mudshovel666
    Mudshovel666 Posts: 3 Member
    I think I look worse losing weight like you describe. I know when I'm about to drop weight because I get jiggly then it seems to firm up a bit a day or two later. I hope by the end there's some muscle under there :#
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Does it seem something like what is described here as squishy fat?

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/