Hey I’m a new member

New member here I’ve been weight training for over 6 months 😀 anyone here looking to build some serious muscle

Replies

• manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Welcome!!! And good luck. I have the same goals
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Hi - I'm in - That's what I'm doing - lost 20-25 lbs due to a medical issue & I want it back
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Ditto! +1. I used to do Power Lifting but almost three months ago stopped because I kept hurting myself (so, working dead lifts and squats at 85% of 1RM three or four times a week turns out to NOT be a brilliant way of doing things). I am working right now of cutting some body fat....but then I am so in!
  • ecjim
    Ditto! +1. I used to do Power Lifting but almost three months ago stopped because I kept hurting myself (so, working dead lifts and squats at 85% of 1RM three or four times a week turns out to NOT be a brilliant way of doing things). I am working right now of cutting some body fat....but then I am so in!

Yea you might want to lighten up one or two of those days. I've run 20 rep squat programs before, 3 X per week - seems like all I could do was, eat, go to work , eat , squat, eat & sleep, eat
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Yes, been on a cut for a year now on a clean bulk. Let the gains begin!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    ecjim wrote: »

Yea you might want to lighten up one or two of those days. I've run 20 rep squat programs before, 3 X per week - seems like all I could do was, eat, go to work , eat , squat, eat & sleep, eat

I stopped completely! I was able to do that....for several weeks (and thought that I was 'special') and then I would hurt myself. Learned that lesson....several times over. Never again! I share that - constantly - so that more and more people will see this bad idea and learn from my mistake. :-)
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Not a lifter but im learning the gymnastic ring way learning skills bla bla bla...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I would love to build muscle but my bulk days are over, for now. Cutting then maintaining for me :'(
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I would love to build muscle but my bulk days are over, for now. Cutting then maintaining for me :'(

You have quit bulking for good?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    fb47 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

You have quit bulking for good?

Not for good, but next one will probably be fall 2020.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Not a lifter but im learning the gymnastic ring way learning skills bla bla bla...

What do you do for your lower body? I do ring work (in combo with other floor/bar based calisthenics) for upper body, but still lift for lower.
  • beachgirl1130
    beachgirl1130 Posts: 15 Member
    Working towards that goal as well..just trying to lose the unwanted inches right now then gain some muscles..increase strength.
  • ecjim
    Working towards that goal as well..just trying to lose the unwanted inches right now then gain some muscles..increase strength.

Hi - Are you re-comping or dieting down?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm out of the gym until mid-late August. Just trying to maintain as much as possible at home with dumbbells. Well, I know I'll lose some strength, but that's ok. I'll build back up once I'm back in the weight room.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Yes, on a bulk now 💪🏼
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member

What do you do for your lower body? I do ring work (in combo with other floor/bar based calisthenics) for upper body, but still lift for lower.

So lower body is just bodyweight squats,lunges etc etc. I avoid weights when stepping into a gym.. being able to walk is a great feeling 👍🏻👍🏻

I do alot of ground work. Handstands, parallettes handstands, L SITS so basically calisthenics and ring work...

Plus when I was doing weights I found it boring