Counting Calories and Recipes

Options
I’ve been counting my calories for about 2 weeks now, and I have lost (some) weight. I haven’t seen a change in my body, though. I was just wondering who else counts their calories, and some motivation to keep me going.
Also, any good low calorie recipes because I’m stuck.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is way too soon to see a physical change. Most of us took months and years to lose the weight, it's a long term proposition! You won't lose weight every week, and depending where and how you carry your weight, visible changes are hard to predict.

Focus on building healthy habits now so they just become a part of your life and you don't need to be motivated. Because the journey never ends, eventually you have to work to maintain your goal weight.

You don't have to eat special food to lose weight, just the right amounts to fill you up and keep you at your calorie goal. If you start to note in your log days you struggled with hunger or days you felt great, you'll start to see a pattern of what foods fill you up and what foods are just a waste of calories - everyone is satiated by different foods.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum too, lots of great info. Good luck!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Be the best you can be! Do this everyday <3
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So I don't know how much weight you want/need to lose but that can also affect how long it takes to see a difference. I have been counting calories for the last five weeks and have dropped 17.9 pounds (it works! You can do it!). I also have a significant amount of weight to lose. I want to lose another 105-115. Even after five weeks and roughly 18 pounds, I don't see a difference. But 18 pounds on someone who wants to lose 30 is going to make a bigger difference.

Many people have said, and I've noticed this as well when I've lost a significant amount of weight (73 pounds), you may not be able to see it until you hit 30-60 pounds lost, depending on how much your starting weight was. Also, there is phantom fat which is where you still see yourself as bigger when you look in the mirror despite weight loss. Whether it's because you aren't really looking at yourself or because you got so used to yourself being bigger that your brain assumes you're the same, it can be hard to get past.

Keep at it. You can do it. You've already been successful so there's no reason you can't continue. Take measurements (I wish I had done this at the beginning) so that when you don't see movement on the scale you can celebrate non scale victories. Remember that sometimes plateus happen. Maybe you need to switch it up and try a new exercise routine or try new foods or recalculate your calorie needs. Or maybe it's your time of the month so you keep gaining and losing the same pound for two weeks but then you have a woosh and drop 3.5 pounds (just happened to me). You got this.