Zombies Vs Humans Step Challenge

Options
melbann
melbann Posts: 115 Member
Ready for a different kind of competition? Why not try this 8-Week step challenge. It's Zombies Vs Humans in a race for humankind! In this 8-week challenge you will be trying to outstep the zombies on your tail!

In order to compete you need to have some kind of fitness tracker that can record your daily steps.

If interested in participating click the link below and request to join!
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/127659-zombies-vs-humans-step-challenge

Once you’ve join the group there will be a registration discussion with a link to a form to fill out. In the form you will give basic information as well as your past step history. Each week (Monday-Friday) you’ll attempt to stay above the “Zombie Line”. Each competitor’s “Zombie Line” will be different, it will be based on the information provided in the Registration form. Your personal “Zombie Line” will be revealed on the Sunday before the competition’s start date.

At the end of each week everyone will have 2 days (Saturday & Sunday) to submit the steps for the competition days. The steps submitted will the total for Monday-Friday only. Saturday & Sunday will be “Safe House” days that will not count towards the challenge. The results for each week will be posted by end of day Monday or earlier if everyone submits before end of day Sunday.

Each week there will be additional optional “Motivation Challenges” that can be completed. You do not have to do these however there are some additional awards for completing some of them, but not all.

The Rules

To survive each week the competitors will be make their way from safe house to safe house in an attempt to find a rumoured thriving colony filled with thousands of living people. In order to make it to this colony the competitors must travel through possible Zombie infested areas.

One of the biggest dangers of entering these Zombie infested areas is the possibility of being scratched. Stay above the “Zombie Line” and the competitor have no worries. Fall below and become scratched.

All scratched competitors become Infected and are at risk at becoming Zombies. But there is good news! Hope is not lost for those who are Infected. A vaccine can be used but time is of the essence! After becoming Infected the competitor must rise above the “Infection Line”. The “Infection Line” is 15% higher than the “Zombie Line”.

Be warned, as the vaccine can only be used twice! After that there is too much leftover infection in the Human's body that they will skip the infection stage and go directly to Zombie!

If a competitor does not submit their steps for the week they will automatically become scratched and be required to rise about the “Infection Line” in the next week.

At the end of the Competition there will be an award ceremony! Awards for Top Stepper, Healthy Average and more! Some awards can go to multiple competitors and some will go to only one!

ezb8v5l18cjy.jpeg

Replies

• melbann
    Options
    Forgot to mention the deadline to sign up and to have the registration form completed is August 3rd!

Just a note also, this is an individual competition. You are competing against yourself not others. So don't be discouraged from joining just because you don't think you have as high of activity level as someone else. The amount you need to get each week to "survive" is based on your past performances not someone else's.

This is all for fun and the more people who join the more fun for everyone :D
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Just got to join this, roll on the apocalypse
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Cool! Just applied to join!
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just sent in my request to join.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started!
  • javacreek
    javacreek Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just sent the request to join!
  • charlotteliddell00
    charlotteliddell00 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sent the request too! How long till we find out if we are accepted?
  • melbann
    Options
    @charlotteliddell00 I just accepted all new request to the group :) you can now go and fill out the registration form and if you would like introduce yourself to other members on the "Introduction" discussion!

Less than a week left to join! We currently have 14 members and we would love more people to outrun the zombies with us!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Oh, this could be fun! I read about this on a FB page. I'm in. :D
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    melbann wrote: »

Less than a week left to join! We currently have 14 members and we would love more people to outrun the zombies with us!

I haven't heard anything yet. Is the challenge still open?
  • bostonjim23
    bostonjim23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just applied to join hopeful i am approved i have a fitbit ionic which is linked to myfitnesspal
  • melbann
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 you request didn't show up so I sent you an invite
  • TeresaW1020
    edited July 2018
    Options
    melbann wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 you request didn't show up so I sent you an invite

Thanks! Got it! :)