Been Cutting down but

Options
I've been cutting down on my eating but I haven't really seen a lot of results. I've been kind of stuck and I just need motivation. I should be losing at least 2 pounds a week but I'm lucky to lose that a month.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    Agree, you really don’t know where you are without a food scale. Get a scale, crunch the numbers.

But this- if you’re satisfied with how you’re living, including what you’re eating now, just give it more time. Nothing wrong with losing 2 lbs per month.
  • Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a food scale. Before I got one I never realized how much a serving of something breally was and when I was guesstimating I was over eating. Measuring cups are good too for portions. I seriously even count out pretzels. I really does help, everything is more accurate!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb a week is respectable. Why do you feel like you should be losing 2 lb per week? How much do you need to lose?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Laroka wrote: »
    I've been cutting down on my eating but I haven't really seen a lot of results. I've been kind of stuck and I just need motivation. I should be losing at least 2 pounds a week but I'm lucky to lose that a month.

It doesn't look like you've been logging consistently, so why don't you start there? It's really easy to underestimate what you're eating. Log accurately and consistently for at least 4-6 weeks and I bet you'll see where the issue is and start to see better progress.

As others have noted, make sure 2 lbs per week is an appropriate goal. If you have less than 75 lbs to lose or are on the short side or inactive, it probably isn't.

And check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum.

Hang in there and good luck!