Pregnancy

kaybush1991
kaybush1991 Posts: 3 Member
Anyone else using the app pregnant? Just wondering what other expecting mothers are eating and how much.

Replies

• stareeeyed1
    stareeeyed1 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm not pregnant (yet) but I'm hoping within in the year. I have been using this app. to help with weight loss so when we do pull the trigger I'll be at my healthiest weight/eating as I'm a bit on the older side (34). Would love to continue the journey throughout pregnancy and was also wondering what others were doing to maintain/lose during pregnancy.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Not pregnant yet, hoping to be within the year. I have PCOS which makes it difficult, which is a big motivator for my weight loss and being healthier. I've been doing some research and women who are obese may safely lose some weight during pregnancy, and shouldn't gain more than 10-20 lbs to avoid complications. I also read that women need on average an extra 300 calories per day to sustain a pregnancy, and shouldn't eat below 1700 calories per day. Definitely do your own research and talk to your doctor but maybe this info can offer some insight?
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not pregnant yet, but hope to start trying for our second baby in a couple months. I have looked into how much more to eat while pregnant since I do not want to make the same mistaken I did for my first pregnancy (I gained 50-55 lbs). The first trimester, you should eat around maintenance. The second trimester, about 300 extra calories a day. The third trimester is about 400-450 extra calories a day. My plan is to stick to that and continue to track calories once I do get pregnant.