Best breakfast for first day of new diet?

Options
From experience, what breakfast satisfies and fills you and doesn’t leave you crashing for a day of a sucky diet?

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Yep - eat what you like for breakfast that is likely to hold you over pretty well and decide if the calories will still allow what else will work for you during the day. It's not unusual to have a few rough days figuring it out.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. They keep me full the longest especially if I eat them with potatoes or avocado. Lately I have been eating 2 scrambled eggs with a small amount of cheddar cheese and avocado. Keeps me full for hours.
  • mcfly216
    mcfly216 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is just me, you’ll have to play around to find what keeps you on track. This is my typical breakfast time meal (but not always my break fast meal). 4-5 egg whites, 1 serving of shredded cheese, 1 serving of uncured canadian bacon, some salsa, 2-4 slices of toast with sugar free preserves and a bottle of water. Off the top of my head it’s about 50g of protien, 40g of carbs, and 5g of fat. Depending on my day it will keep me full from 4 to 8 hours. I can’t eat right when I wake up for the day. I go 2-5 hours before I’ll actually eat after I wake up.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A lot of different foods satisfies and fills me. You read that right, enough food, and a variety of foods.

Why are you on a sucky diet? What is it about it that makes it suck? And are you still on a sucky diet, if you eat food that satisfies and fills you?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Protein enriched cereal for me most days
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Skyr (or some other type of low-fat, high-protein yoghurt). Fairly high volume, lots of nutrients.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    It is such an individual thing but I find a balance of protein, carbs and fat works for me. My most filling breakfast is porridge. I personally like oats with chia seeds, a scoop of protein powder, almond milk, greek yoghurt and fruit (berries or banana). Good luck with finding what best works for you as it can be trial and error.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also eat skyr, sometimes with a tablespoon or two of muesli.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I almost always have cereal. Without sugar, with milk, sometimes with yogurt, sometimes with fruit.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Two slices of whole grain toast (higher fibre and decent protein) with peanut butter and jam works best for me. If I don't have that it throws my whole day off.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    High protein cereal for breakfast. I also have a high protein/fiber yogurt with breakfast or a little after breakfast.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have great success when I eat Oatmeal in the morning. I can also be satisfied with a meal replacement bar. I am not much of a breakfast eater regularly so a bowl of oatmeal keeps me full until just about lunch time.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I prefer to transition into a diet so for me the first week is about food choices that are nutritionally high value with less regard to calories. This makes it easier when the deficit starts in full for me.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My standard breakfasts are the following. The first three are around 400-500 calories. The last is 250ish.

Two pieces of 12-grain wheat toast with around 30-50 grams of avocado, a slice of cheese, 2 oz of ham and some tomato, made into a sandwich.

Scrambled eggs(2) with cheese and ham, a slice of buttered toast and some apple slices.

Two hardboiled egg whites, with some almonds, walnuts and cashews, apple slices, grapes and a babybel wheel.

Greek yogurt (different flavors of Oikos Triple Zero) with a small amount (20-25 grams) of granola.

I find I need a good combination of carbs and protein to feel full until lunch. Most of these work well. I'll sometimes do cereal and milk if I'm in a super hurry. Weekends I tend to do brunch instead of breakfast, so I'll splurge on something bigger in the 800-900 calorie range and just not have lunch.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am up at 4am for my work out. I usually just have coffee until around 10:30. Lately - my favorite breakfast is chicken sausage, eggs, and a sweet potato hash. It's the perfect balance for me and I don't eat again until around 3.