I Need to get back I track

Options
I was doing well...losing weigh...exercising...tracking calories. But I’ve been eating all the wrong things the last two weeks.

It’s time for me to get back on track.

Replies

• ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on that!
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So easy to do for sure! I think we've all been there! You can do this!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I went 3 or 4 weeks without weighing myself, and I haven't been logging, and apparently I've been eating too much because I gained 2-3 lbs. That's above the higher limit of my "maintenance range" Back to a deficit for me :(
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Or maybe it's using weightloss as the only measure of whether you're doing well, and dividing foods into right and wrong, that gets you off track.

I just started Keto and dividing foods into right and wrong just got turned upside down.

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    maria20161 wrote: »
    I'm so sad I weight under two hundred about six months ago. Now weight two hundred forty five pounds I'm so upset when I when to the doctors office. I don't no were to start. I got frustrated in logging my food. :'(:'(

Logging may be frustrating (I use every weapon mfp has to aid it) but I guess the question is, what price is your health? I believe the 10 mins or so a day it takes me to plan and log my meals and the few minutes it takes to weigh ingredients is a very small price for the extra energy I get from being smaller and healthier. Put a positive spin on the process and find food that you really enjoy that won't break your calorie bank. Start working on that extra 45lbs before it becomes 60! Good Luck.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I’ve given up on logging twice and immediately gained back 20# both times. I’ve bitten the bullet now because I know that basically I cant trust myself to do proper portion sizes. And then there’s candy! Hang in there. This is a learning process and now you learned, like so many of us have also learned the hard way, to stick to the program and keep logging as it beats the alternative!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. After being on the road for a couple of months, not logging or weighing myself, it's time to start paying attention again. I only gained a few pounds, so I'm having a hard time taking the need to restrict myself seriously, but I know all too well how easily 5 pounds gained becomes 10 becomes 20 becomes 40.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I was doing well...losing weigh...exercising...tracking calories. But I’ve been eating all the wrong things the last two weeks.

Why do we do that??? :#

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »

Why do we do that??? :#

I think we get over confident and forget how much work it took to lose the weight. It has happened to me a few times over the past three years. Even if I get loosey goosey with my logging, I weigh myself faithfully every Monday morning. When I see that number on the scale creeping up to high then I know I have to get it together.
  • selinab095
    selinab095 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I just started MFP for the 5th time... Keep falling off the wagon... Anyone care to assist?