Calories burnt

Options
Hi

i use a Fitbit type device and would like some advise

if i check the stats and look over a 7 day period if i use no food data (that is no entering food consumed) then the number which is listed for Calories Remaining should be the active calories burnt for that period right??

If so then i look over 7 days and i have 22734 calories remaining.

So based on that would i expect to have lost around 3kg????

Is my reading correct on what the numbers mean (i know this is not an exact science)

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Your body still logs the food, even if you don't log it in MFP, so no. Unless you're actually not eating, which is a different kind of no.

And what do you mean by "active calories burnt"? Do you mean exercise calories? Your MFP goal doesn't include exercise calories unless you log them or you have an HRT or activity tracker synced to MFP.

You can't come up with a prediction of how much you would lose if you only have data for calories out, and no data for calories in.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    If you haven't entered food, then that is your total calories burnt for that period. You need to deduct calories consumed from that number in order to work out estimated weight loss. So, for example, if you averaged 2500 calories intake over the seven days, your estimated loss would be around 1.5 lbs/700g. And if your profile picture is recent, you look like you shouldn't be aiming for any more than 1 lb/0.5 kg per week.