Rice Cakes?

Options
RedPowder
RedPowder Posts: 44 Member
Hello everyone,

So recently starting my diet I’ve been eating Organic wholewheat ricecakes with different meals and I was wondering are they doing more bad than good? I see they’re high in carbs but I would assume they’re good carbs ? I eat about 6 a day.

72psc99yvy8u.png

Thank you for any advice given.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you're enjoying this food and staying within your calorie goals, then you're fine.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cheddar cheese rice cakes and salsa, the mini ones worked the best.
  • RedPowder
    Options
    If you're enjoying this food and staying within your calorie goals, then you're fine.

Yeah definitely staying in line with my calorie range I’m recommended 2700 to lose 2lb a week and I’m having around 800 a day with about 1600 / 1900 left.

Thank you everyone who’s left an answer it’s a big help with my weight loss journey.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @redpowder are you saying your only eating 800KCals per day?
  • RedPowder
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RedPowder wrote: »

Yeah definitely staying in line with my calorie range I’m recommended 2700 to lose 2lb a week and I’m having around 800 a day with about 1600 / 1900 left.

Thank you everyone who’s left an answer it’s a big help with my weight loss journey.

If your goal is 2,700 and you're eating 800 a day, you are absolutely not within your calorie goal. Why are you eating so little?

Yeah most days are around 800 yesterday I had 1400 cause I had some banging baked potatoes with tuna and cheese but like today while at work I’ve had 540 and maybe another 200 / 300 for dinner? Tuna on rice Cakes with some water. I do try to get a good number above 1000 while working but after eating a few of the rice cakes and like a 200g pack of roast beef it only comes out to a few hundred calories and I’m bloated for hours.

I’m hoping with using this app now I’ll be able to see alternatives and have a complete log of my intake.
  • RedPowder
    Options
    pj3cxac9baa8.jpeg

This is what I’ve got so far today plus some “snacks” at the bottom which include coffee and a energy water.
  • RedPowder
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You are supposed to be eating at least 1500 calories minimum. Malnutrition isn't fun

What would you recommend eating that would boost the calories but not stick to me ? I can just eat about anything and the weight will go up.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options

If your goal is 2,700 and you're eating 800 a day, you are absolutely not within your calorie goal. Why are you eating so little?

Yeah most days are around 800 yesterday I had 1400 cause I had some banging baked potatoes with tuna and cheese but like today while at work I’ve had 540 and maybe another 200 / 300 for dinner? Tuna on rice Cakes with some water. I do try to get a good number above 1000 while working but after eating a few of the rice cakes and like a 200g pack of roast beef it only comes out to a few hundred calories and I’m bloated for hours.

I’m hoping with using this app now I’ll be able to see alternatives and have a complete log of my intake.

I'm female, 5'2", 107 lbs, 53 years old and even if I were trying to lose weight, I'd still be eating over 1000 calories more than you.

I sincerely hope you're not weighing your food so you're most likely eating more than you think.

Also, weigh your food and eat more. You're not doing yourself any favors by eating so little. :)
  • RedPowder
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I'm female, 5'2", 107 lbs, 53 years old and even if I were trying to lose weight, I'd still be eating over 1000 calories more than you.

I sincerely hope you're not weighing your food so you're most likely eating more than you think.

Also, weigh your food and eat more. You're not doing yourself any favors by eating so little. :)

Yeah I weigh everything I eat to make sure the package is correct. I’m really in to this and I’m tired of being overweight I’ve got two beautiful kids I need to live a long life.

I might just need to see a doctor then if you’re eating that much and losing weight fine. If I ate much more I’d just be maintaining.

I’m definitely so appreciate of how helpful and caring everyone.
  • RedPowder
    Options

If you're eating 800 calories and bloating, then that's probably an issue with the specific foods you're choosing. Is the roast beef high in sodium? That could also be an issue. Many processed meats are higher in sodium and people who are sensitive to this will experiencing bloating, especially if they're eating an entire package.

This is something you need to figure out -- you can't continue just eating 800 calories a day. It's not compatible with health or energy. It's going to be impossible for you to meet your nutritional needs on so little.

I’m off shopping tomorrow so I will buy a couple different kinds of meat and look for the ones with the lowest sodium so see if that makes a difference. The pack of meat I ate today was pretty high I would assume ? I mean I’m still learning about what’s good and bad so it’s all a learning curve and now you have told me about the sodium thing I will be aware of it.

mumdxyyjmx48.jpeg