Weekend away

Options
My OH and i are going away next week to a caribean carnivail in the UK.
We are staying with my brother in law for 2 nights
We are struggling to come up with a plan of action for our eating.
Chances are we will have a takeaway one evening so we think a chicken kebab and salad is safest option.
Its the next day when we are out at the carnival.
We need breakfast but will be leaving about 7am so eating before none of us will do and then lunch and dinner without going mad and eating the curried goat that will be on offer.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weight is lost and gained over time. A weekend is 2 days, a week has 7 days. If 5 days are normal, they can outweigh the 2 other days. Practice moderation and calm. It's easier to say than do, hence practice.
  • mrslynda
    mrslynda Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yep it's two days. If there is veggies and fruit eat those , but then enjoy the delicious goat. Also drink water. If you like alcohol drink it, but mix it up with water. The same if drinking non alcoholic drinks. A couple of beers is okay calorie wise, a couple of dozen not so much lol.

When you get home just eat as normal. Maybe less the first day, if and I say if you are full and just plain not hungry. Too much good always take a bit to process. I know if I was to eat my weight in Chinese food or pizza I am not usually hungry the next day.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well we can be "good" week before and week after so i guess the 2 days wont hurt as long as dont thinknits a free for all
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Well we can be "good" week before and week after so i guess the 2 days wont hurt as long as dont thinknits a free for all
    Yes you can. Just keep in mind that the "being good" mindset can be just what sets off a "free for all" mindset, so be careful, and aim for balance and moderation in all things.