How did you celebrate your 30th or 40 th birthday?

Options
ozgurvh
ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
Hi all, have you done anything crazy, different or fun to celebrate your 30th or 40th birthday :)

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Not for mine, for my wife's 40th I took her to Egypt (she is a bit of history buff) with private tours of the valley of the kings and queens and a balloon ride over the pyramids. Very cool though doesn't help I am afraid of heights
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    21st saw stevie wonder - 30 had a baby - 40th was celebrating the best shape I had been in - in my life (goaled at 35 yrs old)
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I celebrated it with a group of cyclists and we did a 100k ride.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Flew from Ireland to Las Vegas for a week of unchained debauchery with 13 of my closest friends.
    It was in October - I still don't feel right!!!
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I dont remember my 30th birthday 😯🤦‍♀️ so I'm guessing it wasn't that special lolz
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No but I will on my 50th in a month. :D:D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what I did. A lot of times unpleasant things happen on my birthday so I just don't risk making big plans so I probably just had cake.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    DH planned a surprise weekend trip to Chicago with eight of our friends for my 30th. Went to Taste of Chicago, a Reds/Cubs game at Wrigley (we're from Cincinnati - local rivalry), and barhopped around the Rush and Division Street. Had soooo much fun!
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    Those were so long ago that I can't remember.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My 30th birthday was very, very bad. My marriage was almost over, I hated my job, and I was just generally not in a good place. I actually had a business dinner that evening, and I remember crying all the way home.

40 was lovely, though. I still didn't really do much to celebrate. Dinner out with the family and my daughter baked my cake. That's kind of my favorite kind of birthday, though. Low-key.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cousins the same age as me. So for our 30th, we booked a 7-day Mediterranean cruise. It was AMAZING. I really don't think I can top that trip.... On our last day we kept having random people tell us they will miss us. haha we were the second loudest group on the boat!

Not sure what I (or we) will do for the 40th, as we all have kids now (aka broke)....
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    30th I divorced my first husband. 40th I was at a friend's stag and doe party with some other friends.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I went to Las Vegas with my friends for my 30th. It was fun.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've got 6 months to plan my 30th
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Spent my 30th on a maternity ward with a 2 day old and my 40th was a quiet family meal. My 50th won't happen for a few years so anything could happen :-)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my 30th birthday at a restaurant with a few girlfriends. I had gotten engaged about a week earlier, but my fiancé was traveling for work.

I don’t remember doing anything special for my 40th. My youngest son was a few weeks old and everything was still kind of a blur.

My 50th is next July and I want to throw a huge party.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 on Thursday...that means I'll train shoulders lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    30th - Took a hot air balloon ride during International Balloon Fiesta and proposed to my now wife...had a big party with family and friends that evening with cookout and bonfire.

40th - Took the family to San Diego and rented a condo on Pacific Beach...did some surfing, smoked some cigars, drank some tequila.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    30th- St. Thomas/St. Johns (with a 2 year old)
    40th- I'd like to go to Turks and Caicos (probably with the 12 year old and 8 year old).
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    For my 30th? Not a thing. I’ve thrown so many 30th and 40th birthday parties for friends and family members that I honestly was pretty disappointed that no one bothered to do anything.
    I’ve got a little under 2 years to plan for the 40th, and am currently fully intending on an awesome solo trip, but haven’t decided where.