Options
12346»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Wow, the maths! Plus, I don’t have a large food scale to weigh my crockpot (is that what you’re saying to do?) I’m going to have to figure something out!

I do it a little differently. Weigh everything as it goes in to get the total calories from the recipe. I then weight to finished product, and use the total weight as the number of servings. That way when I grab some left overs, I weight it and enter that number of servings to get the correct calorie count. The nice thing with this is that if you want a smaller or larger serving, or if someone grabs a bunch without you knowing how much, you don't need to worry about that messing with your numbers.

even the way I do it if someone grabs some it doesnt mess with the numbers as when I weigh everything (the finished product) and take out a serving .I log what aa serving is in my recipe. that way I know what a serving is and if I eat less or more I can just do the math. the thing with stew is that even when you weigh everything that goes in(I do the same) its going to weigh more if you add water or other things. which is why I do it the way I do. I mean either way would results in a total weight.

Which is why I weigh the finish product for the number of servings. I was just offering an alternative with my explanation as to why I do it that way.

yeah like I said above either way would result in a total weight.so it would work out the same or should anyway
  • Amandachanges
    Amandachanges Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! After my shameful snack fest today, I need to learn this stuff.