Virtual Walking Challenges

Options
pamperedlinny
pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
edited July 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I used to participate in an employer wellness challenge where your group walked the distance across Europe or something (tracked by pedometer) and each country you hit you had a "passport" emailed to you about where you made it and information about the city. Is that still around or is there something similar out there? Not just the amount of steps but a motivational destination... like "I need to do another mile because I'm almost to Rome" kind of thing.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• ccjlgrider
    ccjlgrider Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea!
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The FitBit app has adventure races. Not quite as extensive as what you describe, but from what I understand, you can see your own and your friend’s place on the race map...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    We have something like that going on at work, but the goal is to "walk to" Illinois. Can't stop now, the children of the corn are after me!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Try walking4fun.com. If you use a Fitbit, it can be linked so that you're steps will automatically update your progress along the trail. There are diaries you can read or write in as you walk the trail, photos to view and badges you can earn. I've found it fun and keeps you pushing towards the next milestone.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Try walking4fun.com. If you use a Fitbit, it can be linked so that you're steps will automatically update your progress along the trail. There are diaries you can read or write in as you walk the trail, photos to view and badges you can earn. I've found it fun and keeps you pushing towards the next milestone.

I've just looked at walking4fun.com. THIS LOOKS AWESOME! I put in for the Florida Keys and looked at all the photos for the first 2 miles since it synced my fitbit from today already. Thank you so much for the recommendation. That's the type of thing I'm looking for. Something to motivate by giving me a virtual destination with info, photos, etc. I'm excited to see all of the FL Keys over the next few days.