Recommend calories

Options
2»

Replies

• jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's not speculative, it's based on conversations with other people who eat their calories back.

Deciding to fuel your activity and eat more throughout the day is a choice that anyone can make. I don't think anyone is doomed to cramming in calories at the end of the day. If OP decides to use MFP as designed, I am confident he has the intelligence and foresight to understand how to add calories throughout the day and not consistently fall back on eating a cheeseburger at 8 PM, as you suggested.

For OP not to consider his activity in setting his calorie goals would be foolhardy. In addition to having an active job, he's also exercising.

Conversations with other people are anecdotal at best; it's scientifically insignificant and not empirical data to state it as such. Even if it may be true. Neither one of us has conducted a survey with a large enough sample size to say anything conclusive. I don't know what very few people or the majority of people are doing. In fact, I'm sure "very few" people are eating properly at all. I was just laying out a hypothetical situation that i know I found myself in, and therefore it could be presumed that others did too.

But now I'm just being argumentative for arguments sake (in a friendly discussion sort of way, I promise! :smiley: ). I agree with what your saying as well though... I think people can figure it out once they get into the app and starting logging things. It may take time, but adjustments can be made pretty much day to day.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So it's no more or less valid than your example of someone eating a double cheeseburger every night to ensure they get sufficient calories.

Even if you don't believe anyone in the world besides me is implementing the strategy of fueling their activity without rushing in a double cheeseburger at 8 PM each night, I'm here telling you personally that it can be done.

There is equal statistical significance to your example about someone having no option but to jam in a double cheeseburger.

OP doesn't need to know what a scientifically validated portion of the population is doing, *he needs to know what options are possible for him*. One of those options is to fuel his activity by adding calories thoughout the day in a way that meets his preferences and lifestyle.

I never said that one could not add calories throughout the day to fuel activity... just pointed out that I know plenty of instances where I personally did activity that was logged that either occurred later in the day or was not planned. In that sort of situation, you would have no options except to either not eat back any percentage of those calories or cram in an extra meal at the end.

I simply postulated that plenty of others who don't schedule or plan their exercise/activities find them themselves in a similar situation. I also never said I didn't believe you that there was another way to do it... so.. there's that too.

What most people are doing is irrelevant, you're correct. But it also was not brought up as something OP needs to pay attention too either.

At this point, we're just talking in circles while still actually agreeing with the basic premise of what to do, which admittedly is just silly and doesn't help anyone.

Agree to agree that there are lots of ways to skin the cat (and fuel your extra activities!).
  • RedPowder
    RedPowder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot more today guys and I’m working on fitting more in as the days go by. I’m so thankful for everyone’s opinion it’s been such a great help.
    hc76srjdz082.jpeg