Anyone qut smoking in July 2018?

Options
kardsharp
kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
Hi,

I had quit smoking back in 2009 and stayed quit until 2013. My job was changed after 22 years (I was made redundant and moved to another place) and they only people who shared the same breaks as I did, smoked. So, as I was lonely, I started hanging with the smokers.

I have had a month off and another coworker (smoker) is off til the middle of August. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to quit. I quit smoking on July 1st and while I have allowed myself to be a little indulgent, I have been pretty good for the most part. I haven't had one puff.

As I feel I have this somewhat under control it is time to work on diet and fitness.

So are there others out there in the same boat? Want to hang out with a non-smoker?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not personally, but awesome job quitting, I know it can be super difficult!
  • jazzykibbs
    jazzykibbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to quit smoking and gaping by the end of November, id love some advice!
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking September of last year using a vape! I’ve been working my way down and am finally ready to kick the vape soon too (on lowest nicotine level!)
  • kardsharp
    Options
    For me it was just deciding to pick a quit date and time that I felt I could be the most successful. Once I decided when I was going to quit, I got somethings together to use instead of smokes. I read Allen Carr's Easyway to quit. The biggest challenge for me was what to do with my hands. I am now learning to play the Ukulele. I also remind myself whenever the cravings come "smoking is NOT an option"

Yes, for the first couple of weeks I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted. I put on a few pounds but, a few pounds was better for me than continuing to smoke. Now not smoking is becoming my new normal.

I love how much better I smell!
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I quit my 40-year habit in December 2016. Quitnet.com is a great community and resource.
  • PosVibez4me
    PosVibez4me Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I just quit smoking on June 3rd :) I've never felt better!! I have no put on any weight, I've actually lost 12 lbs. I refused to gain weight so I've done everything to avoid it!
  • PosVibez4me
    PosVibez4me Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »
    I quit smoking September of last year using a vape! I’ve been working my way down and am finally ready to kick the vape soon too (on lowest nicotine level!)

I quit using the vape too!!!

• SelenaMariaStewart
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »

I quit using the vape too!!!

It helps SO much doesn’t it? I’ve tried and failed a million times before it!
  • kardsharp
    Options
    I couldn't use the vape. For me part of the quit needed to change the hand to mouth thing.
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    Options
    kardsharp wrote: »
    I couldn't use the vape. For me part of the quit needed to change the hand to mouth thing.

I get it :) I’ve had friends quit smoking without it too saying the same thing, that keeping the hand to mouth habit going made it too hard for them to quit
  • kardsharp
    Options
    If you are quitting or have recently quit smoking and are looking for a positive, supportive friend, please send me an invite.