Dough Bar Doughnuts Review

Options
Just in case anyone else was curious...I heard about these on here, but when I did a search couldn't find a ton of people who'd tried them.

I had an online visa rebate card that was expiring and figured that would be a good excuse to order ridiculously expensive doughnuts. I got the 4 pack of cake batter ones, and with shipping it was $21!

They send you the plain doughnuts and then a different glaze/toppings depending on which flavor you choose. The doughnuts themselves are nothing- very dense like a bagel, and not much taste. The glaze, however (and my flavor came with sprinkles) is to die for. Once I had my doughnut all smothered in glaze and sprinkles, it was much better, and the density (and probably the extra protein) makes it a lot more filling than just eating a regular doughnut. 202 calories for one doughnut with glaze.

I wish they sold them in stores so I didn't have to pay shipping- about 1/3 of the costs was just for shipping. Given the cost I won't be ordering them on a regular basis, but will probably try some other flavors for something different every once in awhile.