Bok Choy

Options
JuantonBliss
JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
Does anyone know any good recipes for bok choy? I've never cooked with it before and am trying to diversify the vegetables that I use.

Replies

• lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I recently roasted some baby bok choy. Lay it out on pan in single layer, mist with olive oil and salt and pepper. Set oven on 400 and roasted until leaves were crispy, stock was softened. Easy and delicious
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Its very good braised, saute, soups, stir fried, roasted, sliced fresh eaten raw, pickled and simply wilted into pasta! :)

It can be used as a substitute for nearly any other green in many recipes.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's good sauteed with a little butter and fresh ginger.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Love bok choy! I don't have any precise recipes, I usually just wash chop and stir-fry. A little spray oil, meat of choice, garlic, ginger, other Asian greens, capsicum, a tablespoon of soy, oyster or chili sauce... That's it!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I make salads with it all the time, you can eat it raw. I also sautee it with a little fresh orange juice for some zing.

You can also take the base and stick it in water and it will grow back, check it out. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446894298718484.1073741826.282449018496347&type=3
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    mmmm
    in a wok or frying pan coated with sesame oil, minced onion and garlic, add a little bit of water and steam with cover on until leaves are soft not wilted.
  • JuantonBliss
    Options
    I make salads with it all the time, you can eat it raw. I also sautee it with a little fresh orange juice for some zing.

You can also take the base and stick it in water and it will grow back, check it out. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446894298718484.1073741826.282449018496347&type=3

The orange juice idea sounds WAY COOL! And so does growing it back :))) I'm definitely gonna try it back, thanks!!
  • JuantonBliss
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys!!! I look forward to trying them all!!:drinker: