I keep binging

13

Replies

  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    I think you should take a step back and realize that your weight isn't a definition of your worth as a human being and that everyone who loves you and supports you will feel the same way whether you're skinnier or heavier at Christmas dinner. I think you need to take the emotion out of this because it's making you panic and self-sabotage.

    Then, once you've realized that losing weight is more about you taking control of your health and your life and accomplishing a goal, THEN come up with a rational plan that fits your taste buds and lifestyle and needs. Something where you're not going to walk around feeling annoyed or deprived or like you're "being good" or anything else that's an emotional/judgmental/self-critical approach to weight loss. The calorie count per day is probably going to be a lot higher than 1200--whatever you need to be at a 1 lb a week loss.

    Then give that a shot and weigh in once or twice a week. Be aware that if you've gained weight, that might just be a fluctuation, but also be honest with yourself about what you've actually been eating. And if you gained weight because you overate, that's fine. Normal. What people do. Just commit to focusing more.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is--don't panic, be mad at yourself, overdo it...none of these behaviors will help you lose weight. (I know, I tried myself! ;-P)

    calorie goal puts me at 1450 to lose 1lb per week :( i dont feel annoyed or deprived just want to not binge when i hit 11 stone 11 this time last year i was 11.4 i think having my fitbit is hindering my progress so ive come up with 2 options A disconnect my fitbit then when i workout/walk etc look at what fitbit says i burned and log half into mfp. Or B set myself at maintenance and just use exercise to create my deficit

    OK, so eat 1450 a day and do the work you need to do to figure out why you're binging when you weigh in and don't like the result. Whatever it is--if it's not annoyance or deprivation, it's SOMETHING--it's accomplishing the exact opposite of what you want.

    im not binging because i dont like the result im binging when i hit healthy bmi :/

    OK, so only when you get to a healthy weight, you binge? Is that what you are saying?

    yes :/

    OK.
    WHY?
    Do you feel like you did the work to get thin so you deserve to eat more?
    What thoughts are going on in your head AS you binge?

    i honestly have no idea the past 2 times have coincided with going out to a all you can eat buffet and the local food festival + home stresses so that probably didn't help i have a buffet lunch next weekend that i go to every year and every year i start with the best intentions of ill only have a bit then it all goes to pot

    You have to figure out what's going on in your head. And maybe not go to buffets/eat first at home.

    eating before i went wouldn't stop me and its part of the kids club that my kids attend so i have to go its like a end of the week celebration type thing
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    i also struggle with the should i eat if not hungry thing like today ive logged all my food and come in at 1067 should i eat more even if im not hungry

    This was me yesterday.. my food diary is public, so take a look if you want. I ate well, but what I ate kept me satisfied all day long.. the extra slim jims as a snack was because my son had grabbed 8 of those suckers and I told him no, so he got 4 and mom and I split the other 4 of them. lol.

    But I had only eaten 1400 out of 2100 calories.. I was absolutely NOT hungry.. so I listened to my body. Who knows.. maybe today or tomorrow or this weekend I'll be ravenous and eat more.. it all balances out.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    i honestly have no idea the past 2 times have coincided with going out to a all you can eat buffet and the local food festival + home stresses so that probably didn't help i have a buffet lunch next weekend that i go to every year and every year i start with the best intentions of ill only have a bit then it all goes to pot

    This time, try to be cognizant of it when you go. Also, start the meal off with a giant green salad of some sort, full of vegetables and (if you eat it) lean meat like grilled chicken or turkey. The bulk of the leafy greens and vegetables will fill your stomach and slow you down- you should feel full quicker. And of course, as always, eat slowly.. take your time.. you'll eat on average about 10-30% less food if you go slowly.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    You have to attend. You don't have to eat. You don't have to over-eat. Chew gum, sip a cup of coffee. You have to actually WANT this and do the work. It's all in your control, not the buffet's.

    As your screen name suggests, I think you'll appreciate this, but I find that a nice big cup of black coffee (good stuff preferably, ground before brewing) helps curb appetite. It is both warm and filling on my stomach. It easily constitutes breakfast for me some days- then the actual solid food for "breakfast" I eat later, say 930 or 1030am, after being up for a few hours and at work since 7am.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    You have to attend. You don't have to eat. You don't have to over-eat. Chew gum, sip a cup of coffee. You have to actually WANT this and do the work. It's all in your control, not the buffet's.

    As your screen name suggests, I think you'll appreciate this, but I find that a nice big cup of black coffee (good stuff preferably, ground before brewing) helps curb appetite. It is both warm and filling on my stomach. It easily constitutes breakfast for me some days- then the actual solid food for "breakfast" I eat later, say 930 or 1030am, after being up for a few hours and at work since 7am.

    I drink a LOT of coffee. :-) Agree, it helps with appetite. I think it's magical.

    i used to drink alot of coffee now i dont drink any since i was getting headaches when i wasn't having coffee :(
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Well I've done it again finished the day almost 3500 calories over my 1450 goal boredom, emotional lonely 10 year relationship on the rocks daughter diagnosed with ADHD and autism partner lost his job. This is me 28 years old 5ft 8 178lbs maybe posting a pic (which I've never been able to do from my phone before, new update?) Will give me the kick up the *kitten* I need I lost 3 stone before I started using mfp so surely it should be easy now I have something counting the calories for me
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    edited July 2018
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    I think you should take a step back and realize that your weight isn't a definition of your worth as a human being and that everyone who loves you and supports you will feel the same way whether you're skinnier or heavier at Christmas dinner. I think you need to take the emotion out of this because it's making you panic and self-sabotage.

    Then, once you've realized that losing weight is more about you taking control of your health and your life and accomplishing a goal, THEN come up with a rational plan that fits your taste buds and lifestyle and needs. Something where you're not going to walk around feeling annoyed or deprived or like you're "being good" or anything else that's an emotional/judgmental/self-critical approach to weight loss. The calorie count per day is probably going to be a lot higher than 1200--whatever you need to be at a 1 lb a week loss.

    Then give that a shot and weigh in once or twice a week. Be aware that if you've gained weight, that might just be a fluctuation, but also be honest with yourself about what you've actually been eating. And if you gained weight because you overate, that's fine. Normal. What people do. Just commit to focusing more.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is--don't panic, be mad at yourself, overdo it...none of these behaviors will help you lose weight. (I know, I tried myself! ;-P)

    calorie goal puts me at 1450 to lose 1lb per week :( i dont feel annoyed or deprived just want to not binge when i hit 11 stone 11 this time last year i was 11.4 i think having my fitbit is hindering my progress so ive come up with 2 options A disconnect my fitbit then when i workout/walk etc look at what fitbit says i burned and log half into mfp. Or B set myself at maintenance and just use exercise to create my deficit

    OK, so eat 1450 a day and do the work you need to do to figure out why you're binging when you weigh in and don't like the result. Whatever it is--if it's not annoyance or deprivation, it's SOMETHING--it's accomplishing the exact opposite of what you want.

    im not binging because i dont like the result im binging when i hit healthy bmi :/

    Are you binging (which looking at those calorie totals posted above I'm not even sure any of this constitutes a binge - more like 'I over did it') because you hit a healthy BMI? Or because you went to a buffet/special event?

    You've got all sorts of reasons that you think you are sabotaging yourself or that others are sabotaging you - other than the one most likely cause that you've been told time and again on these threads. YOU ARE BEING TOO RESTRICTIVE OVERALL SO IT CREATES A REPETITIVE CYCLE OF RESTRICT/BINGE/RESTRICT/BINGE

    You continue to look for every excuse to justify your low calorie intake relative to your activity level and borderline too aggressive weight loss goal. Is 1% of your body weight a safe weight loss goal? Potentially, PHYSICALLY. Is it APPROPRIATE OR ADVISABLE given your mental anxiety and anguish and disordered thoughts about your weight and food intake - LIKELY NOT.

    Why would you say it's not a binge? Eating to the point I feel so full I feel sick definitely a binge in my eyes the first time I went over my calories was because we went to a all you can eat buffet which lead to 3 days of my thinking *kitten* it and ate what I wanted this time I think it's has alot to do with stress and emotional eating as I have ALOT going on ATM no excuse I know but still. My diary is open if you want to take a look I didn't log on Monday purely because I had a major down *kitten* it day and ate *kitten* loads I was even eating while I was cooking food to eat -_-