not getting sore?

Options
Hey was looking for some answers to this one.

I work out bi daily sometimes everyday depending on how sore i feel. However lately I ahve been working really hard to muscle failure and just not getting sore the next day. If I do feel sore its very mild and easily ignored. is this normal?

I am taking Lipo 6 black Hers ( one a day max ) pre work out, and then drinking a protein shake after that has 60+ g of protein.

I am a 5'5" 150 pound female.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    muscle soreness or lack thereof is not a reliable indicator of the effectiveness of a workout.

and what's "bi daily"? is that some new sex thing?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    muscle soreness or lack thereof is not a reliable indicator of the effectiveness of a workout.

and what's "bi daily"? is that some new sex thing?

If you are "bi daily" doesn't that mean you're bi all the time?
  • WildKatt87
    Options
    LOL bi daily m every other day. No im not Bi some people wish iwas though :D

anyways yes you are right about the intensity. I changed up my workout today and it was burning again :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hey was looking for some answers to this one.

I work out bi daily sometimes everyday depending on how sore i feel. However lately I ahve been working really hard to muscle failure and just not getting sore the next day. If I do feel sore its very mild and easily ignored. is this normal?

I am taking Lipo 6 black Hers ( one a day max ) pre work out, and then drinking a protein shake after that has 60+ g of protein.

I am a 5'5" 150 pound female.

I actually tend to NOT get sore after workouts...unless it is the first time I am doing something. My trainer takes great pride in finding new and challenging things for me to do. Nothing makes him smile more than asking me how I feel and me saying "ouch!". Are you mixing up your routine so you do new things frequently, or are you doing the same thing every other day? I don't think I have done the same thing 2 training sessions in a row in months. I even have about 6 routines to rotate through when I am not working with my trainer ( I only work with him 1x a week. The other 4 I am on my own)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    LOL bi daily m every other day. No im not Bi some people wish iwas though :D

anyways yes you are right about the intensity. I changed up my workout today and it was burning again :)

I was just going to recommend that. Glad it worked for you! :)

I found last week that I was starting to feel less sweating during and less sore after my workouts, and concluded I probably needed more of a challenge. So I used a bit higher weight yesterday and pushed myself a bit harder. Definitely feeling it today!