Didn't Hesitate To Choose A Healthier Option!

Options
I've always been consistent when it comes to working out but like most people my diet can be fairly shaky.

It wasn't always like this though. I was always a fit and active person with a great diet but over the past 1-2 years I've gained roughly 20 pounds and I've been struggling to stay consistent with my workout life

I just haven't had the motivation to get that lean and chiseled body I've always wanted. I guess adulting took it's toll on me. My high school self would probably punch me in the face for being 23 and not being ripped and lean yet (turning 24 on sunday :'( )

Anyways, one of my biggest issues is eating out and just ditching my diet completely. Sometimes I'll be good but it's like 50/50

However, today I went to lunch with the girl I'm dating and instead of choosing a burger or some other junk food that I love, I chose the much healthier option.

I went with a like lime chicken power bowl filled with spinach, avocado and brown rice etc.

The best part?

I didn't hesitate. I didn't even bother to look at the junk food side of the menu which was great.

To be honest I didn't even realize what I had done until the girl I was with started looking and me weird and bragged about how she was a great influence on me (She has a thing for salads)

It was a cool little win for me today and I figured I'd share it with you guys. Stay strong everyone

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Without even thinking I would have gone for the meal you chose. Sounds delicious.

Well done for going outside the box.

Cheers, h.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!

I'm 26 and my 21 year old self is not thanking my body for the 3 kids lol! But they are a delight.. Mostly.
    The unexpected happens in life which can throw you off course!
    Refocus to what you want and go for it!