Finding balance!

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
Sometimes it’s important to look back at where you started so you can be grateful for where you are now! I have moments where I am hard on myself, doubt the process, & over think EVERYTHING.

I am slowly learning things that will make this a lifetime journey for me:

•balance is 🔑
•listen to your body
•allow yourself treats so you don’t binge later on
•DO YOU

what’s your best advice for weight loss?! ♥️e3c0i96v5fa7.jpeg

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Take progress pictures... lots of them. Even ones that you might not want to share with others... they will be valuable when the scale might not be giving you the results you desire. A pictures shows change.

Make a list... I have a list called "I Never Would Have... Before Losing Weight" For example, I remember when I lost enough weight that I could actually wrap a bath towel around myself for the first time. This went on my list.

By the way... you've made great progress! Congratulations on your loss!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    take a before picture and look at it everyday to remind yourself why you're doing what you're doing.
    going off your plan for a meal or even a day won't wreck your goals. But binging ..and letting a meal off plan turn into days off plan or an excuse to give up for awhile can derail your progress.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Take progress pictures... lots of them. Even ones that you might not want to share with others... they will be valuable when the scale might not be giving you the results you desire. A pictures shows change.

Make a list... I have a list called "I Never Would Have... Before Losing Weight" For example, I remember when I lost enough weight that I could actually wrap a bath towel around myself for the first time. This went on my list.

By the way... you've made great progress! Congratulations on your loss!

I love the idea of 'I never would have done that before..' list. As for photos, even as a slim youngster I hated photos of me so have been pretty successful at avoiding cameras! Hence my difficulty visualising where I was and where I am now.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I second the progress picture thing, you realise you never have enough of the journey. I'll also add to that - taking measurements also helps motivate, sometimes the scale doesn't move but you'll go down a pants size so you gotta take that victory!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. Slow down if you have to. Don't eat so clean if you have to. Go less hard at the gym if you have to. But don't quit. Keep going. Not tomorrow. Your very next meal. Your very next workout. Don't quit. It prevents the months of gaining weight in between diet attempts. Stop making it so hard that you quit all together.

Don't quit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!