Thin but outer thigh bulge - see attached

Options
matchapple11
matchapple11 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I am thin, I eat a lot and very healthily, I exercise 4 to 5 times a week with a lot of TRX/Body weight/boxing classes/weight training etc. In summer I hike, walk around etc.

However, there is one part of my body that I don't understand and it's the outer thigh that bulges out while the glutes pull in. And I also have sort of a bit of cellulite under my butt line. I am super super healthy and exercise regularly and I'm very fit relative to most people (who don't make their whole lives about exercise).

Any thoughts? Could it be my top thighs are overdeveloped and hence give the illusion of saddlebags or are those fat deposits...

P.S They were gone once in my life when I had less muscle and was quite underweight - which is obviously extremely unhealthy.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep they're normal. blame your parents - its just where your body stores fat, which is genetic.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    The bulge is probably genetic and typical female. Not much you can do with it if you've tried working out your butt really hard. Celulite is the same: everyone has it, not much you can do other than lose more weight and get more muscles to press against the fatty tissue from below.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have experienced the same. I run and lift and to no avail. I started Spin classes about 2 months ago and that has really helped!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    They are probably the most stubborn bits of fat on my body.... They go. When I'm lean enough to get on a bodybuilding stage! So frustrating.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Very normal. It's just where you store fat. You might be able to reduce it if you lower your bodyfat enough (provided you have enough muscle base to support being that lean).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    That looks normal to me. You could probably get rid of them if you built up enough muscle around there and lowered your body fat but tbh I don't think that picture looks bad. Looks like a woman to me.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Looks like a totally normal woman's leg. You just have narrow hips and "hip dip" which is genetic.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. Don't fixate on minutiae. It's not healthy.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Honestly, it looks like the problem is that we've been taught to think there's something wrong with a normal leg.

*kitten* yes! I never realized there were so many parts of my body to obsess over until I came here. Silly me, didn't even know what a hip dip or thigh gap or bikini bridge was.

And that toblerone holder one... I only know that one cos I have it :bigsmile:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it looks like the problem is that we've been taught to think there's something wrong with a normal leg.

*kitten* yes! I never realized there were so many parts of my body to obsess over until I came here. Silly me, didn't even know what a hip dip or thigh gap or bikini bridge was.

Googled. Yeahhhh that is so not happening over here :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Well if you ever need a toblerone melting, just shout!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP, It's muscles. Be proud.
  • pinuplove
    Options

Well if you ever need a toblerone melting, just shout!

Oh I'd have no trouble melting them - they'd be nice and snug! :lol: Somehow I don't think that's the idea though.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options

You forgot the ab crack B), h.
  • pinuplove
    edited July 2018
    Options

Don't have that either :cry: Nor those cute back dimples. I'm such a failure!

I do, however, have a waist-to-hip ratio of .72 :wink:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Don't have that either :cry: Nor those cute back dimples. I'm such a failure!

I do, however, have a waist-to-hip ratio of .72 :wink:

Jeez, now I have to go find what mine is.
    Back in a sec.
    waist to hip .76
    Waist to height .43

Not surprised at the waist to height as I'm lacking in the bussom and butt department. Still all good numbers though.

Cheers, h.