Nutritionally dense, low bulk foods

Options
Kdp2015
Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
Hey, I’m starting from scratch with my way of eating. I don’t eat much but want to make sure I get enough protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. What are your go to foods when you want to achieve this?

Replies

• Kdp2015
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m already including fish, Greek yogurt, milk, peppers, apples, broccoli...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem, and I don't think it is a problem. I would instead look into how to get as much variety as possible. What foods can you get, what do you like, what can you get used to?
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    I don't have that problem, and I don't think it is a problem. I would instead look into how to get as much variety as possible. What foods can you get, what do you like, what can you get used to?
    I want to focus on health, I’ve been trying to get as much nutrition as possible but struggle to eat enough to fit everything in.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    protein shake - drink your calories if you dont want much bulk.
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    And I’m not keen on variety to be honest, I’d prefer food I don’t have to think too much about!
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    protein shake - drink your calories if you dont want much bulk.
    Sounds good to me, thank you :)
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lentils, Beans, peas, quinoa, wild rice are my go to foods.
    Those are packed with vitamins and phytonutrients, not to mention that the the fiber count, which will have you moving things in and out in a jiff :)
  • Kdp2015
    Options
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    Lentils, Beans, peas, quinoa, wild rice are my go to foods.
    Those are packed with vitamins and phytonutrients, not to mention that the the fiber count, which will have you moving things in and out in a jiff :)
    Peas are pretty amazing!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    And I’m not keen on variety to be honest, I’d prefer food I don’t have to think too much about!
    But you still need a range of nutrients, and you have to pay a little bit of attention to nutrition in order to be healthy. If it's absolutely impossible, and you don't care for taste, look into Huel/Soylent, which are designed to be 100% meal replacements,
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m starting from scratch with my way of eating. I don’t eat much but want to make sure I get enough protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. What are your go to foods when you want to achieve this?

I would suggest Legumes, all kinds, so nutritious, so filling, many varieties and many ways to prepare them.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

you need fats. fatty fish/meat, whole eggs, nuts and seeds, avo, coconut, olives, nut butters, dairy (cheese, full fat products), oils
  • Kdp2015
    Options

you need fats. fatty fish/meat, whole eggs, nuts and seeds, avo, coconut, olives, nut butters, dairy (cheese, full fat products), oils
    Thanks, I’m planning to add more eggs and salmon