Working on getting healthy

Options
StudioMaid
StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
I'm a 62 y/o woman who has been obese most of my adult life. I am presently working on my mandatory 6 month pre-op regimen for bariatric surgery. I am in the process of losing 20 pounds before I start my 2 week liquid diet for surgery. I am diabetic, high blood pressure (under control), and sleep apnea. My goal is to get off my BP meds and hopefully not have to us my BIPAP anymore. I have to eat so much protein a day and have been having a hard time with that. I am also suppose to eat 6 small meals a day and have a hard time doing that. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have to get some background information first. How much protein is that (amount, and percentage of calories), and why? And why are you supposed to eat 6 meals per day?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    hey there, my husband and i are also in the process of going through with surgery. coming up on the last part of the process. as far as protein goes, we have been replacing meals with protein shakes ('premiere protein' is a really good brand), and as far as the smaller meals go we have been making sure to have healthy snacks with us to make it through the day. i personally am hoping to be able to lose enough weight to where i can avoid the surgery - the idea of it scares me to be honest. feel free to add me if you have any other questions, or just want a weight loss buddy. :)