Cheat meal?

Options
Is it okay to have a cheat meal?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    "Cheat meals" work if you don't cancel out the deficit you built the rest of the week.

Your body doesn't care, for weight loss, if you're "cheating" or not. Your weight loss will depend on consistently being in a calorie deficit. If you want to do that while having "cheat meals," go ahead.

Some people find it easy to eat enough in one sitting to prevent them from losing weight even if every other meal is within calorie limits.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of a cheat meal?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how long I've been cutting etc. If I've been dieting down for 8 weeks and I want to kill 5K calories at a party etc. then that's my choice, and knowing my TDEE Is 2500 it didn't set me back all that much. If you have a solid understanding of thermodynamics and your numbers I don't see why you couldn't plan to blow your macros every x weeks etc. If you are psychologically affected by a 5lb glycogen gain, I'd advise against it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. If you're not in a deficit, you won't.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can do what you like - there are no diet police, you're the one that controls what goes in your mouth.