Maintaining and support

Options
Hi everyone! I started this journey about 1 1/2 years ago and have went from 330 to 145. I am 5’8 so I don’t really want to lose anymore. I started with a group of girls who all had a significant amount of weight to lose but the group didn’t last and I kept going by myself. My wish is to find others who have lost weight and been able to keep it off. Suggestions, favorite foods, go to foods, recipes, anything. I’ve came so far I’m afraid to branch out from my routine. I have also recently quit smoking and I constantly want to snack but refrain but then I feel unfulfilled.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the realm of maintenance! I have maintained a healthy weight for 3 1/2 years, so I'm starting to think of myself as able to keep it off :p Maintaining weight offers its own set of challenges, and you have discovered one of the biggies: The feeling of being "unfulfilled". Yes, we are touted daily that we should, can, must be satisfied, but satisfaction is not the same as health and happiness. We can and should indeed have enough to meet our needs, and we can indeed choose what we like most, but we have to have the ability to tolerate not having everything we want at any time we want it. That was what made us overweight and unhappy. Learning to delay gratification, and actually enjoying it, is so valuable.

I think it will serve you well to think through what you want to change up and what you want to keep, and not just change just to change. Don't fix it if it ain't broken! You will feel it when it's time to change something, when you feel frustrated and bored, and curious about new things.
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Been mainting myself for years now and dropped off mfp for a while but realised i need the control of tracking. Add if you wish
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I went from 345 to 139-144 (I have a target range) and have been maintaining 2.5 years. Feel free to add me. Support is good !
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    For starters, welcome! I don’t know you and I’m proud of your weight loss — but even more for quitting smoking. Staying lean and smoke free will set you up for a long and healthy life. Feel free to add me for support.
  • sannklinger
    sannklinger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions and support. I’m so glad I’m not the only one in the same situation