Found one of my “triggers” - road trips

Options
2»

Replies

• sara41164
    sara41164 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Road trip snacks are hard for me too. The kids always expect them and then I crave them even more when they are in my face. On our trip to Florida a month ago, I got snacks but this time I got some Beef Jerky, protein bars, trail mix and nuts. Those actually helped me get through the trip without digging into the kids stuff “to much”. Lol!
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I feel ya lol we used to take a 19 hr road trip every winter when I was a kid, my dad wanted to make good time so we weren't allowed ANY stops! I still can't believe I was able to hold my pee that long. My parents would get us kids to shut up by constantly throwing snacks at us to keep us quiet the whole way. Now that I'm older I associate road trips with tons of junk food. Really wish I didn't feel that way... the snacks are what made the trips fun 😕

Didn't he have to stop and get gas? My dad was pretty similar with the "make good time" mantra, but my mom has a bladder the size of a peanut. We did a lot of stopping. She also would not use some of the grosser gas station bathrooms, so we had even more stops that necessary.

My road-trip vice is Super Hot Tamales. I can't put more than one or two in my mouth at a time without feeling like flames are shooting out my ears, so the box lasts a little longer.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    a road trip isn't a road trip without cheetos, though