Fitness Freak excited about breakthrough

Hi,
I actually enjoy working out. I teach Zumba classes and different forms of fitness. What has bothered me is that my I actually gained weight after running two marathons in less than two weeks. I prayed about it and God revealed to me that it was my nutrition, not my workout that I needed to check. Thankfully I discovered that I am not broken and that although I’ve always burned more than I ate, I gained weight because I was overeating in my macros. Who knew! Now, the scale has finally budged and I’m addicted to logging, meal prepping and making sure I stay under with my macros. Hopefully this helped someone, I would always suggest praying first because God sees what we can’t. Be blessed!

Replies

• IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    That's awesome! I also rely on God through my fitness journey and also a fellow fitness enthusiast that needs to get better regarding diet.

I decided to take a week off of training to deload. I lasted an entire day away from the gym. I like to do gymnastics, dance, heavy lifting, calisthenics, contortion, amongst other things.

So I feel you. Friend request on the way.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2018
    Tuddie2D wrote: »
    Hi,
    I actually enjoy working out. I teach Zumba classes and different forms of fitness. What has bothered me is that my I actually gained weight after running two marathons in less than two weeks. I prayed about it and God revealed to me that it was my nutrition, not my workout that I needed to check. Thankfully I discovered that I am not broken and that although I’ve always burned more than I ate, I gained weight because I was overeating in my macros. Who knew! Now, the scale has finally budged and I’m addicted to logging, meal prepping and making sure I stay under with my macros. Hopefully this helped someone, I would always suggest praying first because God sees what we can’t. Be blessed!

Being in a calorie deficit is what is required to lose fat/weight. If you were gaining weight you were consistently eating more than you burnt.

You can not "overeat" macronutrients but eat less calories than you burn. That's not how it works.

Protein, carbs and fats are the macronutrients. There is also alcohol, but I don't really consider that a macronutrient... Your body does though so it's worth mentioning.

Protein and carbs provide 4 calories per gram. Fat provides 9 calories per gram. Alcohol provides 7 calories per gram.

Your macro percentage breakdown will always add up to 100% regardless of how many meals or calories you've eaten. If your macros in grams is completely different to the calories it should be, you may be using incorrect database entries with wrong or missing information.