For some of those who responded to "super serious question"

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    So the 5 lbs I've gained in the last couple of weeks while eating at a defecit and working my a** off is a figment of my imagination? Oh, and lost 2 pants sizes in the last month.

Ok.

If you're losing pant sizes and gaining weight, it's probably muscular water retention from the workouts, not real weight.

If you're gaining real weight while on a deficit, you're not on a deficit. The definition of a deficit is losing weight. In this case I would suspect that you are one or more of:
    1) not accurately measuring and logging your food
    2) Your BMR is lower than the calculators predict
    3) You're overestimating your exercise

Or a combination of the above.

Or, like the OP. You are drinking a serious amount of juice.

(how did this thread become about you?)
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I'm starting at 286, 5'2", and 27 years old. I'm probably going to have loose skin on my thighs, arms, and stomach because I need to lose about 150 pounds. BUT, I don't want to die at an early age (and my husband wouldn't want that either), so I'm going to lose weight and live with my loose skin :-)

I'm going to try and use lots of lotion, I'm drinking tons of water, I'm lifting and toning, and not going crazy with the weight loss (1-2 pounds a week is what I'm aiming for). I'm sure that I won't love the loose skin, but I'm sure that I'll love my health more. But who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be too bad!

Good luck to you on your journey :)

To OP:
    do exactly what this person is doing!
    She's got it right :)

Awwww thanks :)

And this thread has turned crazy......buh-bye!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love when newbies come along and tell us we're wrong about everything.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If anything, I'm underestimating my exercise. The only exercise I enter is cardio. I've been adding more and more strength training as all of the weight I've lost is in my bottom half. I want to find some abs under there too.

Anyway, it was just an observation. Most things I've read recommends eating more small meals a day. I think this is the only place that I've ever read that it's ok to eat just one meal a day. Don't bother pulling out the links. I'm going to keep doing what is working for me.

Didn't mean to jump in the fray.
This discussion has been closed.